Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Night Train/Wide Glide Front end drop. Comparison Pics!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2009 | 12:14 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Damage_Inc
It seems you can do no wrong, I mean it looked great before but now it's uh.. even better! I wish I had your vision, but thankfully you make good informative threads like this so we can keep up. It looks excellent.

He-He and you doubted me.Did you use the RaceTech emulator or stay with the stock one Chaz? G.

Last edited by back again; 08-17-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-17-2009 | 12:17 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by Damage_Inc
It seems you can do no wrong, I mean it looked great before but now it's uh.. even better! I wish I had your vision, but thankfully you make good informative threads like this so we can keep up. It looks excellent.
Thanks D-Mage...My Vison is often cloudy though! You are too kind Bro.

How quickly the fine folks here at HDF.com will foprget my failed attemp at doing some type of night train beach cruiser board track racer!

That was 8 hours of my life I'll never get back...Ever!

Yikes! That just didnt work out as planned.

Old 08-17-2009 | 12:20 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by back again
He-He and you doubted me.Did you use the RaceTech emulator or stay with the stock one Chaz? G.
Stockers. Couldnt get a deal going on them derned valves. Figgered it would be 135.00 thrown into the wind as the bike will most certainly be a springer this time next year. My thought is when it springer time I will get the trees powdercoated and sell this entire pre-lowered front end in the classified section to a fellow train rider or something....I would never recoup the additional cost of those valves.

Old 08-17-2009 | 12:21 PM
willyp
Road Master

**** chaz, looks killer. may think of doing that one on my scoot. may have to pick your brain in about 8 months.

Old 08-17-2009 | 12:22 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by willyp
**** chaz, looks killer. may think of doing that one on my scoot. may have to pick your brain in about 8 months.
Cheap and easy. The only special tool required was me with a 12 pack of cheap *** brew and a pack of smokes!

Old 08-17-2009 | 12:55 PM
bgibbster
Tourer

Chaz
do you have the drop-in progressive kit with the PVC pipe that you cut to adjust ride height? If so do you remember the final length of it?
Also did you scrape anymore than you did before, or did you even scrrape before this.
Thanks, the bike looks killer

Old 08-17-2009 | 01:08 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by bgibbster
Chaz
do you have the drop-in progressive kit with the PVC pipe that you cut to adjust ride height? If so do you remember the final length of it?
Also did you scrape anymore than you did before, or did you even scrrape before this.
Thanks, the bike looks killer
I cut about 1/3 inch off the stock PVC pipe in the progressive kit and used all the springs as outlined in the directions to achive a 2" total drop.

Ya' know I havent had any real scraping issues unless i was going crazy deep in a corner. One of the reason behind my Rinehart pipe is that is has mad clearence compared to the plethora of 2-1 pipes on the market.

The 3" extensions on the controls essentially make scraping the pegs impossible.

The only thing I can really scrape on mine is somewhere on the frame and thats a rarity.

No issues with the lowered front end whatsoever. Lots of clearence and I cant emphasis how much better the bike handles now that those Uber long flexi-Flyer forks are shortened up a bit.

I take that back...My only issue is with my foot clutch cable. It actually kept me from going a tad lower as any more would cause it to hit my clutch cable which has to be routed in a certain way to stay smooth.

Old 08-17-2009 | 01:11 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member

Looks good man.

My train had that same hunkered-down look when I bought it and brought it home strapped down in a trailer.

I really liked it, but at 280 lbs, my ride is lowered enough when I sit my fat butt on the seat.

Old 08-17-2009 | 01:18 PM
Chazmanian
|
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball
Looks good man.

My train had that same hunkered-down look when I bought it and brought it home strapped down in a trailer.

I really liked it, but at 280 lbs, my ride is lowered enough when I sit my fat butt on the seat.

Hence you get to enjoy the savings of not having to dick around with the thang!!

You know its funny. If you go to the HD.com website and look up the 2009 model night train and go to the 360 degree viewer deal??

Well here see for yourself:http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...S#/model/fxstb

Now thats either photoshopped to the max or Moco went and fabbed up a set of shorty tubes for the bike in the marketing photos Cuz' Brother that thing is straight slammed!!

Old 08-17-2009 | 01:57 PM
Frisian HD
Road Master

That bike looks killer Chaz ....... as allways [/drool]

Quick Reply: Night Train/Wide Glide Front end drop. Comparison Pics!!