Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speedo and tach combo

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 11:06 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default speedo and tach combo

Just installed unit on Fatboy.Simple install,looks and works great. I like having a tach. Wish Harley would put them on all there Machines.I do shift close to redline.

Old 08-16-2009, 11:10 AM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 08-16-2009, 11:20 AM
trslim
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been looking at this mod. How easy?

Old 08-16-2009, 04:25 PM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

10 minutes on an 09 Fatboy,just follow the instructions, I will try to post a pic of finished look. One 1/2 nut Take speedo off ,turn over (Cover or be careful of your tank) un plug speedo, unclip speedo remove . reverse procedure. Make sure rubber gasket is in place .This is on an 09 Fatboy so did not have to do anything with tripometer. I purchase from Zanotti .You have to allow 4 weeks for special delivery.I did get mine in two weeks .Had to wait to put on so my millage would catch up.You must tell them what mileage you want on speedo. Make sure you order the one that is for miles .Not kms.

Old 08-16-2009, 05:42 PM
mjdart
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I came across this one installed on a FLSTN

Old 08-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Driften
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by electricstart
10 minutes on an 09 Fatboy,just follow the instructions, I will try to post a pic of finished look. One 1/2 nut Take speedo off ,turn over (Cover or be careful of your tank) un plug speedo, unclip speedo remove . reverse procedure. Make sure rubber gasket is in place .This is on an 09 Fatboy so did not have to do anything with tripometer. I purchase from Zanotti .You have to allow 4 weeks for special delivery.I did get mine in two weeks .Had to wait to put on so my millage would catch up.You must tell them what mileage you want on speedo. Make sure you order the one that is for miles .Not kms.
I had thought about getting the setup for my 07 Deluxe. What tripmeter things would someone have to do? Do you still have two trip meters and the clock? I would assume so but its good to know for sure. Its nice to know how the milage part works when buying one.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:53 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

not sure I'd want mine there, I have a hard time reading then as my sun glasses are not prescriptiion, think I'd prefer higher on the bars..

Old 08-16-2009, 11:37 PM
fjm3rd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had thought about getting the setup for my 07 Deluxe. What tripmeter things would someone have to do? Do you still have two trip meters and the clock? I would assume so but its good to know for sure. Its nice to know how the milage part works when buying one.
When you order from the dealer you estimate the mileage your gonna have by the time you receive the new speedo and you tell them what mileage to put on the new speedo. When I did mine I was able to get it within 50 miles. And everything works the same just like the stock speedo that came on your bike. You would think they would put a tach on from new at the factory for what you pay for a bike now a days, it wouldn't make that much of a difference.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:38 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mjdart
I came across this one installed on a FLSTN
I also have this one, the NOSTALGIC SPEEDO-TACH COMBO. VERY NICE, YOU ALWAYS NO WHERE YOUR POWER BAND STARTS AND ENDS.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:52 AM
mike06train
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been toying with this mod for a while now. Just seems high at 499 for what you get. I also think a bar mount would be easier to see but I like the clean look of the bars now. One day I'll make up my mind.

Quick Reply: speedo and tach combo