Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carlini VS Wild One (Chubby's)

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 10:30 PM
cycle crazy
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Carlini VS Wild One (Chubby's)

Just put on 14" Wild One apes on my 98 heritage (no pic yet)..Now it seems that I'm sitting to far forward ! I've rotated the bars some but it doesn't seem to help.. I've changed seats too and it does change my seat position some what..but I don't wanna keep buy n seats....
Any one change to Carlini apes & find a difference?
I do have one more seat to try..but after that.........

Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 PM
RedBen
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about some pictures that show the problem? How tall are you? How far forward do you have the bars rotated?

Looking at the dimensions of the Carlini bars, they seem to have less pull back than the Wild 1's or close to the same. I know there is some variation in how manufacturers measure their bars though.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:44 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Try rotating the bars more until you are comfortable. That is beauty of apes.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:59 PM
cycle crazy
Tourer

Originally Posted by RedBen
How about some pictures that show the problem? How tall are you? How far forward do you have the bars rotated?

Looking at the dimensions of the Carlini bars, they seem to have less pull back than the Wild 1's or close to the same. I know there is some variation in how manufacturers measure their bars though.
I'll have to take some pics... but here's what I'm dealing with,I have very long arms (36"),legs are 34"..I'm just under 6 ft tall..The bars are rotated quite far forward,so much that I have to re-adjust the controls downward..
When I use my stock seat,I feel like I'm to far toward the bars..I also have a Corbin solo seat which I tried...this seat puts me even more closer to the bars. Last seat (which I just picked up but didn't get yet) Bandlander...will be the last seat...After that,I'm going to check out the Carlini bars.
BTW.......Dimensions on both bars are close,but I think the Carlini "Flyin Apes" are 34.5" W VS 36.5" W on the Chubby's .

Old 08-15-2009, 12:01 AM
cycle crazy
Tourer

Originally Posted by anubisss
Try rotating the bars more until you are comfortable. That is beauty of apes.
Been trying that....with no luck...

Old 08-15-2009, 02:47 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

6'3", 18" Carlini Flyin' Apes, could not be more comfortable.

Mimo.

Old 08-15-2009, 07:06 AM
jslamerman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I understand what they are saying. On top of that, since day one, my bike has had a bit of instability, some headshake at above 75 or so, and pushing the bars forwards on my 1.5 Carlinis amplifies this DRAMATICALLY. (Ive got 14 Carlinis that measure out at 15.5) I would think this is common to all bikes, as Ive changed rims, tires, lowered the rear suspension, and changed forks, still there. I dont know what causes this, but I know with the bars pulled back in line with the forks, and the addition of a windscreen (mine is super small, a windvest), the shake is all but gone unless I shift my wieght some and pull back on the bars, then I see it some. I wouldnt reccomend pushing those bars forward........even though at 6'6" these need to be pushed forwards for max comfort for me