Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy Lane gets 6 years in prison

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Branner
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by *NIGHT TRAIN*
Again...Haven't heard anyone mention the fact that tests showed that Gerald Morelock was legally drunk himself at the time of the accident...neither he nor lane had any business being on the road that night, and if EITHER of them had showed better sense, we wouldn't be talking about this today...One drunk hits another drunk and one of the drunks died...so the law prosecutes the surviving drunk...it's a pitiful situation, but the the point IS, that just being the dead drunk doesn't qualify Morelock for sainthood...he was STILL just a drunk on the highway, same as Lane...
Agree with you 100%, nothing good comes from drinking and driving.

George C: Agree with what you said. Side note, been enjoying this fine WNY weather as much as I have???

To piggy back on what George said it hasn't been mentioned that Billy has quit drinking and has been sober since the accident. With his success (prior to the accident) he's gotten involved with many charities and has helped a lot of people. That shouldn't go unnoticed. I know a few guys that know him, don't think this has been easy for him. He's stated that no amount of time will ever bring Gerald Morelock back, and goes days/weeks without sleep. He'll never get over the fact that he killed someone. It hasn't been easy for him to deal with. Six years in jail is just that, six years in jail. He killed someone, he'll carry that with him the rest of his life. I don't call that getting off easy.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 PM
09heritagerider
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree that 6 years in prison is NOT easy time...he's got some rough days (to say the least) ahead and I'm sure he'll have time to reflect. At that hour in the morning, I'd venture to say that at least 50% of drivers on the road have alcohol in their systems to varying degrees. Just so happens that he pulled a stupid driving maneuver on top of that and took a life. I certainly wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

Old 09-09-2009, 04:01 PM
mjp750
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

justice system ran its course. is it too much or not enough? that was decided in the courtroom.

echoing most other sentiments, he'll wake up in the middle of the night for the rest of his life reliving that moment. he can make amends and improve the lives of those around him and people that he touches and that will help, but forgiveness can only come from the family of Mr. Morelock and from Billy. and I hope he finds it from both places at some point in his life.

by the same token, I know I'll never buy a product that has his name on it.

Old 09-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Full Throttle just had an interview with him in the latest issue, really good interview and after reading it he may just turn his life around and some good may come out of this. Just sad to see this happen so much around the country

Old 09-09-2009, 07:33 PM
ElSupremo
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by albertgiancarli
Did he really "build" any bikes worth talking about or just assemble them from parts and get a cool paint job??
He built a lot of badass bikes, imo. I think his original hubless bike was as innovative as anything that's been done in the last 15 years by almost any builder. And a lot of his bikes look a lot more rideable (and presentable, imo) than a lot of the OCC, bandwagon chopper builder abortions.