Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for those of you who've dealt with BR Customs

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default question for those of you who've dealt with BR Customs

I"m about to order a set of apes from them over a BR custom bars. I know there's a few of you guys here who've dealt with them over there. Any recommendations, who should i ask for (even though I think the place is ran by one guy). How good are they with prices??

thank you fellers.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
I"m about to order a set of apes from them over a BR custom bars. I know there's a few of you guys here who've dealt with them over there. Any recommendations, who should i ask for (even though I think the place is ran by one guy). How good are they with prices??

thank you fellers.
Billy is the owner and who you will probably deal with. He will ask all kinds of questions, so be prepared to let him know exactly what you want. Prices are decent for custom bars to fit your specifications. Be prepared to wait a few weeks for you custom built bars.
if you're looking for off the shelf type bars, they're cheaper elsewhere.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:42 AM
vulcanater
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain

thank you fellers.
They are great to deal with. Bars are very high quality. He will custom make them any way you want them. It took 6 or 7 weeks to get my bars. And I think thats been about the normal. He will tell ya when you talk to him. I've had my bars for probably 1 1/2 years, so I'm not sure about his prices now. But I paid around $275.00 for mine raw. BUT it all depends on the options you choose. Get them, you will like them!

Chop On,
Robert

Old 08-14-2009, 09:06 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered me a set of bars from them. Really nice guy. Like stated, he asks a lot of questions and it takes around 5-6 weeks to get them. I can't wait.

Old 08-14-2009, 09:10 AM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FunkyNova66
I just ordered me a set of bars from them. Really nice guy. Like stated, he asks a lot of questions and it takes around 5-6 weeks to get them. I can't wait.
What kind of bars did you go with for that badass RG?

Old 08-14-2009, 01:34 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
What kind of bars did you go with for that badass RG?
Thanks man for the nice words. They will be the 1 1/2" thick sweeping beaters with the solid gussets. The will be very simillar to these bars other than they will be a couple of inches shorter and a little more narrow.

Then all I want is a set of Vance and Hines Big Radius like you have. I had a set of baffleless BRs on my cross bones and man I miss them. Then I'll add the saddlebag extensions without the cut outs and call it a day. Until I get another idea......geez...it never ends. haha.

Last edited by FunkyNova66; 08-14-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:05 PM
jtmurph00
Road Captain

5-6 weeks my ***.
I ordered a set of 1.5" sweeping beaters (same as Tx Outlaw has) back in late March. The 5-6 weeks delivery time ended up not arriving until last week. The quality on them is great and they are awesome looking bars but Im pretty pissed about the delivery time. I started calling in mid June and was promised several times I would have them by "next week". He stopped returning my calls and e-mails, I was ready to cancel them and then they showed up last week.
Again the quality of these bars are second to none, just the customer service sucked.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:21 PM
RNBONES
Road Master

I ordered mine and talked to Bill. Great guy to talk to. I agree with tx outlaw, if your looking for something off the shelf then there is def. cheaper out there. As far as i'm concerned the time and care that Bill takes to make sure you bet exactly what you want is well worth the extra scratch! Mine should be here any day now can't wait!!

Old 08-14-2009, 05:57 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master

Originally Posted by jtmurph00
5-6 weeks my ***.
I ordered a set of 1.5" sweeping beaters (same as Tx Outlaw has) back in late March. The 5-6 weeks delivery time ended up not arriving until last week. The quality on them is great and they are awesome looking bars but Im pretty pissed about the delivery time. I started calling in mid June and was promised several times I would have them by "next week". He stopped returning my calls and e-mails, I was ready to cancel them and then they showed up last week.
Again the quality of these bars are second to none, just the customer service sucked.
Damn..Did Tx Outlaw have to wait that long as well?

Old 08-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

i guess i should start ordering mine as soon as possible huh. as long as they are good quality then i don't mind waiting a little longer. thanks for the input guys.

Quick Reply: question for those of you who've dealt with BR Customs