Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question for those of you who've dealt with BR Customs

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 08:55 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FunkyNova66
Thanks man for the nice words. They will be the 1 1/2" thick sweeping beaters with the solid gussets. The will be very simillar to these bars other than they will be a couple of inches shorter and a little more narrow.

Then all I want is a set of Vance and Hines Big Radius like you have. I had a set of baffleless BRs on my cross bones and man I miss them. Then I'll add the saddlebag extensions without the cut outs and call it a day. Until I get another idea......geez...it never ends. haha.
Wow, hard to believe that is TX Outlaws bike after the way it looks now. Good choice Funky, I am curious to see the end result.

I have Hooker Troublemakers on mine. They were cheap, with the sales they had. They are starting to discolor a little, so I will be wrapping them over the winter I hope.

Your right my man, it truly does never end............

Old 08-14-2009, 08:57 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Alain
i guess i should start ordering mine as soon as possible huh. as long as they are good quality then i don't mind waiting a little longer. thanks for the input guys.
Can't wait to see what you end up with, but I guess I will have to huh. I am too impatient to be waiting months on anything

Old 08-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Tx_Outlaw
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
Wow, hard to believe that is TX Outlaws bike after the way it looks now.
LOL! I was going to say that was an awesome looking bike! It was last year's model tho..... LMAO!!

I didn't wait that long, but it's been quite a while since I ordered mine. You will be pleased with his product tho! Looking forward to seeing those bars on your ride!

Old 08-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
Can't wait to see what you end up with, but I guess I will have to huh. I am too impatient to be waiting months on anything
I hear you on being impatient man, i'm the same way. I'm off from work on monday so i'm gonna give him a call then and hopefully order these things. I would like to get the new bars on the bike before the winter hits Jersey.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:30 AM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Billy has been a personal friend of mine for 25 years. He lives 3 miles from my house.
He's always been a talented guy who can build and paint anything. You guys can't believe the stuff this guy can do.

As far as his time lines, I can tell you this, Billy has worked as a telephone lineman as his source of income to support his family for years.. His normal 8-5 job and his motorcycle business success has had him in his shop until 2am every day trying to keep up with orders.
This past summer, and due to his expanding business, he put in his two week notice and decided to make BR Cycles his full time job.
So, I would expect your orders to be filled as a much faster rate from now on.

ANYTHIING you buy from this guy is custom made with his own two hands, and he is a perfectionist.

Old 08-16-2009, 10:39 AM
FunkyNova66
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by George C
Billy has been a personal friend of mine for 25 years. He lives 3 miles from my house.
He's always been a talented guy who can build and paint anything. You guys can't believe the stuff this guy can do.

As far as his time lines, I can tell you this, Billy has worked as a telephone lineman as his source of income to support his family for years.. His normal 8-5 job and his motorcycle business success has had him in his shop until 2am every day trying to keep up with orders.
This past summer, and due to his expanding business, he put in his two week notice and decided to make BR Cycles his full time job.
So, I would expect your orders to be filled as a much faster rate from now on.

ANYTHIING you buy from this guy is custom made with his own two hands, and he is a perfectionist.
He seems like a real stand up guy and I can't wait to get my bars in. It think they will really set off my Road Glide. He did tell me 4-6 weeks which I don't mind waiting. I've never heard 1 person say anything negative about his bars which speaks volumes in my book.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

yeah, i've never heard anything bad about his bars either. if i have to wait a little longer it's ok. as long as i get some good bars.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:45 AM
BadGuyNYC
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey funky can u tell me the size and dimensions of the bars in those pics of the night train...i wouldnt know what size to order but those bars look perfect for me and my train so if ya can help me out wit those nubers i would really app it thnx

Old 08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master

H4ey BadGuyNYC, the bike belongs to Tx_outlaw that posted in this thread, and according to him they are 11" across the bottom and 15" from the bottom to the top point. They are 1.5" diameter also. Bill, from BR custom has those bars on his website (bar gallery) along with a picture of tx_outlaws bike (bike gallery). He'll know exactly which bars you are want if you call him.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:19 PM
FunkyNova66
Road Master

My bars were sent to the Powder Coater yesterday! Hopefully, they will ship out tomorrow! I'm really excited to get these bars on my bike!

Quick Reply: question for those of you who've dealt with BR Customs