Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new or used night train?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 11:08 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That dealer is trippin'.

If I were you and wanted a seriously badass Train that will rock your whole world?

PM this guy:https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...-for-sale.html

1700 miles on that train that probably has over 25 grand spent on for 16 grand?

If I didnt own mine. I would own his!!

Old 08-13-2009, 12:35 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

They have a NEW 09 at our Dealership fur 16,200 before Tax & License

just to give you and Idea

Old 08-13-2009, 01:46 PM
bgibbster
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had it to do again, I would buy used. Probably a carb'd one. Don't get me wrong, I love my 09, but would have loved all the extra money I could have saved to use on aftermarket stuff. I would buy an 04 just like this bike and do exactly what Dubless did, but I really like EXCILE cycles, and this is the closest I think one could get. Without spending the $50,000. Definitely my favorite bike here. I have it as my desktop background.

Old 08-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Panky
Advanced

Buy a used 07 or 08 new is a 09 and will cost you more. I have seen a ton of bikes slightly used at the Harley shop for sale. I say 07 or 08 cause 07 had the 96 motor and a year or two older cheapens the price a bit. $16900 is what I paid in total for my 07 new in 07 so I think that price is way to high. If your looking at new look at that new fatboy lo!!!!!!! that looks nice

Old 08-13-2009, 02:44 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by bgibbster
If I had it to do again, I would buy used. Probably a carb'd one. Don't get me wrong, I love my 09, but would have loved all the extra money I could have saved to use on aftermarket stuff. I would buy an 04 just like this bike and do exactly what Dubless did, but I really like EXCILE cycles, and this is the closest I think one could get. Without spending the $50,000. Definitely my favorite bike here. I have it as my desktop background.

I concur. Imagine you can buy an Uber clean low mileage 04 for $9000.00 and pull off that Dubless type theme for 6-7 grand.

I know which one I would rather have!!

Old 08-13-2009, 02:47 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
That dealer is trippin'.

If I were you and wanted a seriously badass Train that will rock your whole world?

PM this guy:https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...-for-sale.html

1700 miles on that train that probably has over 25 grand spent on for 16 grand?

If I didnt own mine. I would own his!!

Wow... I did know Hammer was selling his bike... His bike was what got me going... Thats all it took to start chopping it up!

I bought mine new in 05... and also took it in just once to use the warranty... Now a days I do all the work myself even though it's covered to 2012? It's just the way me and many others are... I hardly ever buy anything from the dealer anymore.... Even when I get a gift card, I use it to buy T-shirts to send to buddies around the states... lol

I bought new because then I couldn't afford to buy it outright and had to finance it... So new was easier to me and the bank.

Old 08-13-2009, 04:43 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Chazmanian

Where did the owner of that bike put all the electronics?

Old 08-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by JY Kelly
Chazmanian

Where did the owner of that bike put all the electronics?
Your guess is as good mine.

That chit is badass tho!!!

Cant say I'm ready I'm ready to ride around on a little bobber seat yet but I'm thinking of trying a 16" fat front sometime down the road.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by story808
Wow... I did know Hammer was selling his bike... His bike was what got me going... Thats all it took to start chopping it up!

I bought mine new in 05... and also took it in just once to use the warranty... Now a days I do all the work myself even though it's covered to 2012? It's just the way me and many others are... I hardly ever buy anything from the dealer anymore.... Even when I get a gift card, I use it to buy T-shirts to send to buddies around the states... lol

I bought new because then I couldn't afford to buy it outright and had to finance it... So new was easier to me and the bank.
1700 miles on Hammers bike Mark.

You know he has a cool 25 G's dropped on his without any doubt what-so-ever if not a tad more. Figure a new 07 was 17K plus he has at least 7 grand in the motor alone.

I would be all over that Hammer Train if I didnt have mine. No doubt about it.

Old 08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

that sure is one nice train..........

Quick Reply: new or used night train?