Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE211 Bottom End Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 10:58 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
Sorry to hijack the thread, but Chaz, just got my Rinehart 2-1 installed today. Man, these pipes rock! I could really tell the difference over my BUB jughuggers.

The jury is still out on the sound. It's different enough that it will take someg getting used to. Was it that way for you too?

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled programming........

Shakey
Have a buddy ride it up the street while you listen.

The Rinehart 2-1 is actually a loud 2-1. Louder than a guy I know with a D&D fatcat on his cammed dyna.

My bike has a compression bump and the 211 cams as well so thats gonna make it a louder bike if your is running stock compression or cams?

If you have any doubt as to what the general public will be hearing? Tell a buddy to twist the throttle and ride up the street. You will be shocked. The Rinehart sounds like a Nextel cup car exhuast. Its loud yet good loud if that makes sense?

Honestly mine is right on the verge of being too loud when I'm hard on the throttle. Yet its quiet when riding mellow. Your neighbors will love ya for being able to pull offf in the AM or pull in late at night with some ...."Stealth"?!

Old 08-13-2009, 04:39 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Chaz. I do have high comp heads and 211 cams. It's not that they aren't loud enough, it's just different than what I'm used to. Then again, they are brand spanking new. I'm sure the sound will change as break in occurs.

Shakey

Old 08-13-2009, 05:25 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
Thanks Chaz. I do have high comp heads and 211 cams. It's not that they aren't loud enough, it's just different than what I'm used to. Then again, they are brand spanking new. I'm sure the sound will change as break in occurs.

Shakey
I get cha. Low end and midrange it isnt as crackling and nasty sounding as a set of 2-2's.

The pipe is long so its directing the sound way back away from ya.

Let a buddy ride the bike if you have one trustworthy enough and listen as he gets on it.

Pure earhole candy!!

Old 08-13-2009, 05:54 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good point Chaz, I had a buddy ride mine last week, the first time I've heard it off the bike and sounds sweet, better than riding it.

Old 08-13-2009, 06:23 PM
z edge
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still leaning toward the 211 and headwork. Still listening to the youtube video. Man it sounds good.

The 204 would be a better cam for a bolt in only but after hearing the cam on here and youtube, it really doesn't sound any different than stock. Does anyone have or heard a 204 in person?

Thanks for the replys.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:33 PM
stratplexi
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,084 Likes on 562 Posts

The 211 is a kick @ss cam in a 95inch with street ported heads and 10.5:1 compression. I had this setup in my Night Train and it was fun. It will have tons more bottom end than a stock cam if set up as described. Where folks mess up, and give the 211 a bad rap, is they use it as a bolt in cam and then wonder why they have no low end. Look at the specs...it has long durations and a later intake close. It must have head work and compression.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:44 AM
z edge
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stratplexi
The 211 is a kick @ss cam in a 95inch with street ported heads and 10.5:1 compression. I had this setup in my Night Train and it was fun. It will have tons more bottom end than a stock cam if set up as described. Where folks mess up, and give the 211 a bad rap, is they use it as a bolt in cam and then wonder why they have no low end. Look at the specs...it has long durations and a later intake close. It must have head work and compression.
That's what I've been wanting to hear. But, how does a 95" build compare to a 2007 96" with a cam and headwork? Anyone?

ALSO, Has anyone changed gearing to make up for bottom end or used a thinner head gasket to up the compression? Just going back to my dirt bike days and the things we did to them for more power.

Last edited by z edge; 08-14-2009 at 01:46 AM.