Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marvels of Modern Technology

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Dr. Fatboy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Marvels of Modern Technology

As my handle might suggest, I am actually a physician. I heard a good story today that I would like to share. A good ending nevertheless (no one seriously injured). A patient of mine had come into clinic following up on a recent ER visit after crashing his bike into a car. A young kid (teenager) had pulled right out in front of him. He decided to lay the bike down rather than going up and over the car after the crash. He skidded into the car scraping up his elbow and brusing his back. No serious injury thank goodness. The kid opens up his door, looks back, then closes his door. He then opens up his door again, looks back again at the guy and his bike laying on the road, and then closes his door again. The guy laying there on the road knows that something is up and gets the guys license plate, and sure enough the kid runs the scene. The kid even ditches his own car before getting home. The police that came to the scene radioed a partner who went to the kids house and took a picture of him walking outside in his yard. The partner then sent the picture back to the accident scene where the victim was able to identify the kid right then and there. Case closed, the kid was busted.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:42 AM
motorman4566
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Marvels of Modern Technology

Great story Doc.....as I am a motorcop....but in most cases I would not sugest the lock er' up and lay her down.....brake technique. Tell your patent to learn how to get hard on the front brake....some crashes can be avoided or at least burn most of your speed...and see cops now adays' aint that dumb...lol