Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Deluxe, reduced reach bars, help

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:28 PM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl
Did it change how it handles in turns at all? Do you have any more pics you can post? I've contemplated changing out my bars to as I am also vertically challenged at 5'2" but have been afraid it would change how the bike handles turns. Thanks.
Bike will handle the same. Only difference is how YOU handle the bars. Much more comfort with the Heritage bars for my wife. She is also 5'2" and likes having her arms more naturally bent at the elbow.. We went with the Heritage riser as well as the bars Well worth it, as before the change, she had lots of problems turning corners due to the limited reach of her arms. Not anymore...She take corners as well or better than I do ..

Old 08-05-2009, 07:25 PM
ggf
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great responses. So far I've got 518s (whatever those are), heritage bars and some from khromeworks. Keep em commin.

Yes, she has contemplated the seat change but is in love with the stock seat with the chrome grab bar. I have modified it slightly to give her more "heightening." We have also discussed getting it shaved and adding gel. That may come next. Right now shes sure that she wants a reduced reach bar of some sort. Just trying to get some ideas so I don't have to go through several sets of bars and a bunch of ?? before we get it right. Thanks