Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland Second Seat Fix!!!! PICS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:25 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess its not that far off its only on there once n a great moonie

Old 07-30-2009, 10:28 AM
GunmetalBlueNT
Banned

Originally Posted by saintslax11
The first rack had 5'' added onto the stock seat. The second seat had 2'' taken off which made it 5'' of round bar. The stock seat was to short. Blue if you have the seat and you punch it with your kind of engine with someone on the back I can promise you they will not be back there.
I use the RRR 2up seat from Heartlander, no sissybar on the end. Trust me, since I can easily lift the front wheel off the ground and wheelie my bike, I know I can lose a passenger in a hurry.

Now I know you use the older original 2up seat with the sissybar, but other than the little hoop extension welded on and maybe the back pad(where did you buy that cuz i dont think the heartlander sissybars come with a backrest pad stock)added I dont see any mods or changes to the seat, so Im not sure what your talking about still.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:34 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
hey saint looks good bet you can strap some luggage on that badboy now huh................hey do you have a pic of the front looking back at the seat ,mine dont look lined up right with the solo seat. i gotta call hartland or get it redone at my cost

I could put luggage on before but now I can have my women on the back and take the same amount. Without her I can take a chit load now. The setup in this picture is without the roundbar added.

Blue they do sell the pad with there second seat. Look at Bobs seat. It is the same one as mine from heartland. they do not show the pad on there site. I do not know why either. Maybe to make it look taller than it really is.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:36 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

Blue do you see how much shorter Bob's is than mine. 5'' of roundbar was welded onto it along with the rack(gussets for support) .Heartland sells the one you have along with what BOB and I have.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:39 AM
GunmetalBlueNT
Banned

OK, so what did you modify then? The sissybar itself? Did you make it taller? For some reason I keep thinking you somehow reduced the passenger ride height 2 inches.......Im all confused here now, lol. Dynabob's and your seat's sissybar looks completely different. His rear seat pad looks bigger and the sissybar shorter, while your sissybar looks much taller and the backrest pad looks smaller.........

Old 07-30-2009, 10:41 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

damn looks like your ready to roll................im looking for detach shields right now too for the long haul, wut one you running ther.........does it work good?..........does all the mounts (hardware) come off when detached??

Old 07-30-2009, 10:42 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by GunmetalBlueNT
OK, so what did you modify then? The sissybar itself? Did you make it taller? For some reason I keep thinking you somehow reduced the passenger ride height 2 inches.......Im all confused here now, lol. Dynabob's and your seat's sissybar looks completely different. His rear seat pad looks bigger and the sissybar shorter, while your sissybar looks much taller and the backrest pad looks smaller.........

cuz he made his sissybar taller and put the rack on it..................lol

Old 07-30-2009, 10:46 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

Blue I could kill you.... LOL. The seat I have used to have looked like BOB's seat but I cut the sissy bar backrest and added 5'' of roundbar into to make it taller for my wife and also give me the ability to have somewhere to put a luggage bag or a back pack on the back when she is riding with me. Blue I would say the angle of the picture I took it at is making BOB's and I pad on the back look different but they are the same.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:49 AM
saintslax11
Road Warrior

BOB it is a windvest.... 16'' tall. I am thinking about doing riser clamps though. The clamps I have are bar clamps. Everything comes off when not in use. I only use it for 3 hour or more trips. Mainly when I am on RT95 heading south. That road is F'd up. It saved my *** a few times from trucks spitting up big *** rocks. A little peice of a tire once. Also yes it works great.

Last edited by saintslax11; 07-30-2009 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-30-2009, 10:54 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

cool i will have to look at that one..............

Quick Reply: Heartland Second Seat Fix!!!! PICS