Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone w/ Apes on a softail

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 07:00 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBen
You can go directly to Hill Country's website as well. I noticed they have it up and running now.
Yeah, I saw that. For anyone else interested, it's http://www.hillcountrycustomcycles.com/

Old 07-28-2009, 08:21 PM
CSRflstc
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigMike17
eBay is your best bet for a prewired kit with cables...I've hear others mention Hill Country Customs as a good eBay seller for this.
Another satisfied Hill Country Customs customer right here. Only thing left to buy to complete the installation is brake fluid and tranny lube.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:26 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

With a little bit of measuring you can save yourself some money by buying the cables through a local indy and getting the rest through Drag Specialties. Hill Country Customs does sell decent stuff, but if you're on a budget and can take the time, you can piece together your own kit rather inexpensively.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:18 AM
vulcanater
Road Captain

Originally Posted by refuzeandrezizt
Thanks for the link man, I see why I couldn't find them ;-)
No problem. i almost bought a set of black apes from them before I got mine. But I really wanted something different. And they were gonna charge me the same price for the plain black stock style cables as they were for the braided cables. I couldn't see that. So I contacted BR Custom Cycles and got my bars. Then measured for the cables and got them from a local parts shop.

Chop On,
Robert

Old 07-29-2009, 08:02 AM
kgb44
Tourer

Thanks for the info. Here is my next big question, How is the comfort of apes? What size? I am 5/10. I have a 5 degree rake on my bike, any issue? How is the quality on the hill county customs bars and switches? How is the install?

Old 07-29-2009, 08:27 AM
reds2harleys
Tourer
Smile

I just put Apes on my Rocker and I LOVE them. I emailed Wild 1 and told them what I wanted to do and they got right back to me with recomendations on cables, risers everything. They replied quickly to every question I had and their answers were dead on. I went to Harleys catalog and figured out which cables I needed myself, waited till they had a sale and ordered everything. I highly recommend Wild 1, their customer service is the best I've experienced. My total cost for parts with Chubby bars, Risers, Flush clamp and all cables was under $ 600.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:55 AM
kgb44
Tourer

Do you have any pics of your rocker with the apes?

Old 07-29-2009, 11:47 AM
reds2harleys
Tourer

I have plenty of pics but every time I try to post one it kicks me off the site completly. If you go to www.wild1inc.com/502rocker.html - you can see my bike. If that doesn't work just go to www.wild1inc.com and and find WO502 Apes. My bike is the first that comes up.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:23 PM
troy13
Intermediate
Default Just put 18" apes on yesterday, love it!!

Nice rides guys

Attached Thumbnails Anyone w/ Apes on a softail-bars-1.jpg   Anyone w/ Apes on a softail-bars-2.jpg   Anyone w/ Apes on a softail-bars-3.jpg   Anyone w/ Apes on a softail-bars-4.jpg  
Old 07-29-2009, 01:30 PM
cycle crazy
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What ever you do (or anyone on this forum does) STAY AWAY FROM E-Bayer seller....AMERICAN CLASSIC MOTORS in PA....
here's one link from E-bay...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-CH...=p4506.c0.m245

They don't know JACK about bikes!!!
it will take forever to get your stuff,,,,& it will be the wrong stuff to boot!!!

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Anyone w/ Apes on a softail