Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1998 softail question

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009 | 08:13 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

You can run that combo but it will require that you custom space the wheel during the install. I have a 160 on a 4.25 18" as well. I meant to reply to this thread but forgot!!

So in essence get the bike on a lift, have a some PVC pipe to cut and use as test spacers and once you get the proper spacing cut a set of metal spacers to match. It isnt hard but it is in fact gonna require trial and error. There isnt a set formula in place as your chain drive throws it off.

Once done and lowered down a tad the 18' with a 160 is a sweet combo.

I havent bought into the whole big huge fat rear tire craze. I'm just a creepy old school fvcker and generally ride in a pair of Converse Hightops...

Old 07-31-2009 | 05:02 AM
nosillyname
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
You can run that combo but it will require that you custom space the wheel during the install. I have a 160 on a 4.25 18" as well. I meant to reply to this thread but forgot!!

So in essence get the bike on a lift, have a some PVC pipe to cut and use as test spacers and once you get the proper spacing cut a set of metal spacers to match. It isnt hard but it is in fact gonna require trial and error. There isnt a set formula in place as your chain drive throws it off.

Once done and lowered down a tad the 18' with a 160 is a sweet combo.

I havent bought into the whole big huge fat rear tire craze. I'm just a creepy old school fvcker and generally ride in a pair of Converse Hightops...
Thanks man, I am an old school style dude myself......

So were you able to still run the wheel in the centre of the frame? or did it require an offset??