Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put it down today

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:20 PM
Sullyboy
|
Cruiser
Default Put it down today

I left work at lunch, and a young girl in a SUV cut me off, and I laid it down. I was making a right hand turn on a blind corner. She came flying around the corner as i was pulling out and buzzed me. She never even stopped. The engine guard and the floorboard looked like they took most of the hit. It fell on the exhaust side. The engine guard did its job. I took it home and parked it. I'll access the damage tonight.
I'm so mad I can barely think.

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:24 PM
doorsidedown
Road Captain

oh man, i can't believe people dont even stop!!! i had that happen to a buddy of mine who just started riding - luckily the car behind the culprit (a fellow rider) got his license plate number and came back to report it to police. glad you are okay though.

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:28 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member

at least you're okay. Take a breath, thank God and make the repairs as you can afford. It'll be back to perfect before you know it.....i know from experience

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:36 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Damn Sully!!! Thank god you are OK. An engine guard and floorboard isnt nothing. A foot or a life on the other hand....

Man I'm starting to hate our town. This is becomming way to common. I'm sick of how the folks around here have an absolute reckless disregard for our safety and then wont even stop to assess the damge or havoc they may have caused.

Northside I assume?

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:39 PM
kentuckydave
Tourer

Happy you are Okay!

We were discussing on this forum a couple of days ago, "Do Engine Guards Work?" Looks like yours did the job and saved your legs. Here's to having the right accessories!

Think of the damage to yourself and the bike if you had not of had them installed.

Clean her up and keep on riding!!!!

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:50 PM
Sullyboy
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Damn Sully!!! Thank god you are OK. An engine guard and floorboard isnt nothing. A foot or a life on the other hand....

Man I'm starting to hate our town. This is becomming way to common. I'm sick of how the folks around here have an absolute reckless disregard for our safety and then wont even stop to assess the damge or havoc they may have caused.

Northside I assume?

Thank God is right!!!
Yep, Lexington and Meadow Ridge (just south of union). Basically, my office parking lot.
Thanks for your kind thoughts fellas, I'm fine. I may have tweaked my knee a bit trying to keep her up. I'm more upset about dropping it for the first time then anything else. The engine guard did do its job. Thankfully, I was only doing about 5 mph.

I guess it happens to everyone at some point, right?. The funny part is, I couldn't even tell you what kind of SUV it was. I stopped, waited, no one coming so I let out the clutch and then there she was. When I put my right foot down to brace, there was loose gravel, so that only made things worse. I just picked her up, and rode her home.

Old 07-23-2009 | 03:53 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member

That sucks, but glad to know you are okay...

Old 07-23-2009 | 04:07 PM
FATBOYUSA
Tourer

I thank GOD that you are OK and ask GOD to nkeep us all safe.

Old 07-23-2009 | 04:09 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

as you are ok thts the main thing.
anything on the bike can be replaced.

Old 07-23-2009 | 04:34 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

It's hard to keep the clean side up, isn't it? Glad you are ok, you can always fix the bike.

Quick Reply: Put it down today