Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock 08 FXSTC with a D&D FatCat 2-1???

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 02:46 PM
harley_nova
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock 08 FXSTC with a D&D FatCat 2-1???

Would a D&D FatCat 2-1 pipe be to much for a stock 08 FXSTC?

I am tossing around the idea of this pipe, mainly for sound and performance, but all the bikes I have seen with this setup have all had upgrades down to their engines? 103", 107", 110" etc.

Am I a little out of my league with this pipe? Is there such thing as having to much pipe for the engine?

Thanks,

Old 07-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The cool thing about that D&D is that you can build into it instead of out of it.

Several guys doing mighty fine with the D&D on a stocker. Buy it. One of the best pipes on the market for sure and will certainly give you a gain over the stockers and you will have a pipe that is good in every facet of you bikes motoring life until you do a 124" uber build!

Old 07-23-2009, 03:04 PM
harley_nova
Tourer

I am seriously thinking about it. It looks sick. Just something about a big fat a$$ pipe on a bike. But damn $$. But, looking at it long term, your right. It is an all round diverse pipe for expanding with

Old 07-23-2009, 04:19 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like my Fat Cat. Granted, I'm not running a stock engine, but why buy a pipe now, only to need a different one if/when you tear into the engine? I say go for it!

Old 07-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

I swear everytime I look at Beau's bike I dig the D&D more & more. Just looks badass from the angle in the sig pic.

I'm convinced that my Rinehart is causing me some high RPM issues. I think the pipe goes dead flat at 5K. I dont ride above 5K very often but it sucks having a part that is acting like a Rev limiter!!

Every dyno I have looked at with mildly done 88's and 95's running Rinehart 2-1's look to have the same issue. Nice nidrange jump and great day to day ridability but simply flat up high in the RPM range.

D&D's pull everywhere. They are the shizzle for sure.

If only I didnt like the way it looked so much...Dammit!!

Old 07-23-2009, 06:15 PM
SEDELUXE
Road Warrior

hey chaz what about a black t-header....

Old 07-23-2009, 06:42 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
I swear everytime I look at Beau's bike I dig the D&D more & more. Just looks badass from the angle in the sig pic.

I'm convinced that my Rinehart is causing me some high RPM issues. I think the pipe goes dead flat at 5K. I dont ride above 5K very often but it sucks having a part that is acting like a Rev limiter!!

Every dyno I have looked at with mildly done 88's and 95's running Rinehart 2-1's look to have the same issue. Nice nidrange jump and great day to day ridability but simply flat up high in the RPM range.

D&D's pull everywhere. They are the shizzle for sure.

If only I didnt like the way it looked so much...Dammit!!
Thanks for the compliment Chaz. Here's what it looks like from the rear (I'm now running without the fender rack, and I've changed to a solo seat).

Attached Thumbnails Stock 08 FXSTC with a D&D FatCat 2-1???-back-angle.jpg  
Old 07-23-2009, 07:25 PM
harley_nova
Tourer

Beau, I have admired your bike since day one. Just something about it. Maybe it's what Chaz said, it's maybe the angle of the photo. I don't know.
But one thing, the FatCat looks killer on a FXST(C).
I think mine would look pretty sweet with that pipe.

You have a sound clip anywhere?

Do you guys know of any online stores where you could get one? They don't market their products like V&H or Rinehart so they are harder to find.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:37 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member

I don't have a sound clip yet. As far as finding one goes, you can order straight from D&D, or check eBay. I paid $650 for mine locally....Could've got it from Eastern Performance Cycles via eBay for $595, but chose to help a local guy out. I'll see if I can get a sound clip uploaded later tonight.

Old 07-23-2009, 07:39 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by beaureed445
Thanks for the compliment Chaz. Here's what it looks like from the rear (I'm now running without the fender rack, and I've changed to a solo seat).
You bastard!!

hey chaz what about a black t-header....
Dunno...Cant get past the styling of the T-Header. I think I would rock one on one of those dynas with the cafe fairing or something truly old school but on my bike? Meh dont think it would work. I really dig the looks of the Riney and its high quality but its evident that the pipe was probably designed to do really well on a stage 1 kinda bike without any ...."Additives" for lack of a better word.

My gut tells me that the Rinehart was designed to shine Vs' a stock setup with just an AC and a remap.

It just gives up the ghost at 4800. Blap falls on its face. My BSS pulled a little farther not much so maybe its a cam and headwork issue. Something to resolve over the winter......

With my Errr...Visa card!!

Quick Reply: Stock 08 FXSTC with a D&D FatCat 2-1???