Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C Seat ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 10:52 AM
Ghoray80
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopardik
This is the hot setup IMO, if you want the solo look while being easily converted to 2 up. I had the struts chromed to match the bike. It is very comfy for both me and the wife, and 4 bolts and 5 min. later, the whole back part comes off, and the solo seat stays. It is kinda different looking, but I think it's pretty cool.
How much did it cost you to buy everythign you needed to create the 2 up?

Old 01-18-2010, 02:54 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ghoray80
How much did it cost you to buy everythign you needed to create the 2 up?
I spent $909.80, which includes having the struts chromed. I had the struts chromed by Chromemasters and bought all the pieces through Zanotti's.

Last edited by DragonSlayer08; 09-16-2010 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Team Thinline
1st Gear
Default Seat for Rocker and Rocker C

Hey fellas,

My buddy and I have made a couple different seats to help us out. My buddy has the Rocker and he fabricated him a back seat for his wife and it turned out great. And he also fabricated me a seat because my girl was bitching about the comfort of her seat and how she didnt feel safe so he built me a seat that just clips in and off like the original seat and put a sissy bar on it and my girl don't bitch anymore. So if your looking for something that is not going to cost you $2000 and something you can clip on and off easily without any unbolting then email me. I'm going to try to attach some pictures we took.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:33 AM
Wardey
Intermediate

Please post them !!!

Old 01-19-2010, 11:07 PM
Trailer
Cruiser

This whole seat question can be tricky due to some variables, namely how tall are you ? or what is your inseam ? or (and) have you installed ext. controls. Now i did install the heartland kit but found myself riding farther back on my seat, meaning i need to install ext. forward controls., personaly i would have like more complete info on when ordering parts to for a comfortable fit. it cant be that tough to pull out a tape measure for some of these manufactures......

Old 01-20-2010, 05:23 AM
robo01
Intermediate
Default Love the one you're with

Just an option that modifies the OEM seat to keep the two up option. I finally decided to "go Heartland" as soon as we renew our next 5 year contract but this option has held me over with 8,500 miles of happy azz (compared to the hard as a rock seat supplied with my Rocker).

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ml#post4316515

Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Someguy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trailer
This whole seat question can be tricky due to some variables, namely how tall are you ? or what is your inseam ? or (and) have you installed ext. controls. Now i did install the heartland kit but found myself riding farther back on my seat, meaning i need to install ext. forward controls., personaly i would have like more complete info on when ordering parts to for a comfortable fit. it cant be that tough to pull out a tape measure for some of these manufactures......
so you got the heartland kit, which seats you further back. placing you farther away from your pegs. and because of this, you had to install extended forward controls?? im a bit confused on that statement.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Mopardik
Cruiser

I got a great deal on it from Zanottis, it was used (barely) and someone had sent it back to them. Now I just need to do some mock up to fit my DG seat with the strut system. Then, of course, I will need to send the rear pad and backrest to DG to match the leather and stitching. Well, so much for my "savings" on it!

Old 01-21-2010, 08:55 PM
Trailer
Cruiser

I guess the way i phrased it was a bit confusing, what i meant to say was after i installed the Heartland kit, the seat pan where i sat but me closer to the pegs.. for me to ride comfortably i have to plant my but farther back on the seat on the back edge of the seat.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:07 AM
phantom rider
Tourer

I've got a used DG seat for sale if anyone is interested.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...cker-seat.html

Quick Reply: Rocker C Seat ?