Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C Seat ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2009, 03:17 AM
kanunski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer08
I am not sure if you are talking about a different passenger seat than the one that comes with the Rocker C that fits under the seat or a different main seat. If you are looking for a different passenger seat I am not aware of any after market passenger seats like this. There is a 2up set-up you can get from Harley-Davidson for the Rocker. You would need the following parts:
  1. Touring System Strut Kit (53935-08)
  2. FXCW Solo Luggage Rack (53957-08)
  3. Passenger Pillion for FXCW Models (52959-08)
  4. FXCW Passenger Sissy Bar Upright (52804-08)
  5. Smooth Look Compact Passenger Backrest Pad (51782-07)
  6. FXCW Seat (51480-08)

The least expensive place I have found to get these is Zanotti's. The only problem is that the struts are satin stainless steel powder coated like the FXCW.

I have this set up on mine and the Danny Gray for solo, by far the best alternative and only takes less than 10 mins to switch over.

See pics on my blog

Old 07-25-2009, 09:53 PM
Rocker_Dan
Road Warrior
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I just got the struts and made a pillion seat... works a treat

D

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C Seat ?-0_0.jpg   Rocker C Seat ?-0_0i.jpg  
Old 07-26-2009, 02:12 PM
elkhound38
3rd Gear

Another place to go is Alligator Bob. I know he has taken a few of the factory Rocker-C seats and rebuilt the seat pan. Still used all the factory mountings, but from what I hear you seat more down inside it. You have the option to keep the trick-seat, there but you cannot store it under the seat, as his retooling utilizes that space. I saw a post in the past of this done and it looked sharp. It might be worth giving him a call. The cost will all depend on the exotics you use and the options you want, just like the DG. http://www.alligatorbob.com/

Old 08-13-2009, 01:36 PM
BRUCEBRUCE
6th Gear

looks great with the chrome strut how much for everything including chrome?

Old 08-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Windeed
Tourer

Originally Posted by elkhound38
Another place to go is Alligator Bob. I know he has taken a few of the factory Rocker-C seats and rebuilt the seat pan. Still used all the factory mountings, but from what I hear you seat more down inside it. You have the option to keep the trick-seat, there but you cannot store it under the seat, as his retooling utilizes that space. I saw a post in the past of this done and it looked sharp. It might be worth giving him a call. The cost will all depend on the exotics you use and the options you want, just like the DG. http://www.alligatorbob.com/
Here is a picture of the seat Alligator Bob did for me. Totally custom and made to fit. I can ride all day in this seat. I use the HD rack for the Rocker too. You do need some money in your pocket for a custom seat like this but it was worth it for me.

Attached Thumbnails Rocker C Seat ?-alligatorseat02.jpg   Rocker C Seat ?-seat-and-rack01.jpg  
Old 08-15-2009, 09:26 PM
transam7969
Road Master

Originally Posted by Windeed
Here is a picture of the seat Alligator Bob did for me. Totally custom and made to fit. I can ride all day in this seat. I use the HD rack for the Rocker too. You do need some money in your pocket for a custom seat like this but it was worth it for me.
Is that using the stock rocker c mount for the 2 up seat?

Old 08-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Someguy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BRUCEBRUCE
looks great with the chrome strut how much for everything including chrome?
the 2-up set up right from harley. is not cheap. i paid almost 1000$ for everything, when i bought my bike. im sure they go for cheaper on ebay. im gonna look into it, cause im selling my 2 up set up. its brand new, never been installed on the bike.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:54 AM
Team Thinline
1st Gear

Check out the seats that we put together in a weekends time. We haven't sent them off to be chromed or painted but we needed something fast, so the ladies would stop bitching about the ride. They love the security of the sissy bar and we love the fact that we can pull it off and go back to original when they are not riding with us. We have alot more pictures I can send you. Mike will be finishing up some things on both of them and then I will be sending mine out to be chromed. This was alot cheaper then spending 2000 on Heartland kit.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:14 PM
craigwilliam
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by kanunski
I have this set up on mine and the Danny Gray for solo, by far the best alternative and only takes less than 10 mins to switch over.

See pics on my blog
Has anyone actually USED this 2-up setup on a fxcwc rocker c? The reason I ask is because Harley Davidson told me it would not work. But it appears that it does.

Thanks for your help guys.

Old 12-25-2009, 04:59 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by craigwilliam
Has anyone actually USED this 2-up setup on a fxcwc rocker c? The reason I ask is because Harley Davidson told me it would not work. But it appears that it does.

Thanks for your help guys.
It will work. but you have to buy the Rocker (FXCW) seat for it to work. The struts do not come in chrome so I had mine chromed by Chromemasters. You need the following parts:
  1. Touring System Strut Kit (53935-08)
  2. FXCW Solo Luggage Rack (53957-08)
  3. Passenger Pillion for FXCW Models (52959-08)
  4. FXCW Passenger Sissy Bar Upright (52804-08)
  5. Smooth Look Compact Passenger Backrest Pad (51782-07)
  6. FXCW Seat (51480-08)
  7. FXCW Bracket Support/Solo Seat 51886-06
  8. Grommets (11669)

Quick Reply: Rocker C Seat ?