Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Screwed me and my rocker

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 02:19 AM
Iraqvet08
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Dealer Screwed me and my rocker

So after many attempts to get my dealership to fix my fender they still said too bad! I had them put a lowering kit on the rear and the passenger seat came down hard on the fender . I got a few estimates and they are all about the same $700. Now how much does a brand new fender cost ? I did find someone who is selling theirs for $450., is that a good price? This whole situation with the dealership really makes me mad do not go to this place! thanks

Last edited by Iraqvet08; 07-22-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:51 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

that sucks but IMO the dealer really is not at fault, when you lower the bike s**t happens that wouldn't happen normally. others on here with rockers have had simlar issues when lowered. Sounds like you need air ride that way you can adj for a passenger

Old 07-22-2009, 06:01 AM
DECON BLUE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

If you do your own work then you can blame yourself for the $hit that happens when doing mods. Sorry for your damage though.

Old 07-22-2009, 06:14 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,448 Likes on 2,597 Posts

somebody correct me if I'm wrong but that isn't 700 worth of damage.Isn't this a base clearcoat paint that can be spot fixed and reclear the whole fender.Doesn't look like much damage with a dime sitting there.
Granted chit happens and the fender should have had cover on it while they were working on it.On the other hand your changing things that could lead to this type of thing.All in all possible you could have done the same thing while flipping your seat down the road.If I'm right on the paint I think I'd try talking to them to see if they would go that route.G.
Just reread your post.Did you drop the seat or the dealer?

Old 07-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Dustmaker
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

MAN $700 for a painted fender from HD???? Seems really high to me. You need to get the part number and look it up at Chicago HD or Zanotti's. My rear and front painted with pin stripes from HD are under $800 for BOTH!

Need to start getting busy finding those part numbers. Good Luck!

Old 07-22-2009, 07:47 AM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

A bullet hole sticker is about 25 cents...LOL.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

I just bought a rear Fat Boy fender from Chicago HD online. it's painted and going on my 09 train. it's was only 300.00 something.

find the part# for your fender and check it out.

Old 07-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

I just went and checked, my new painted fender was $289.60

here is a link to there site. they give all online customers 20% off all HD parts.

https://www.chicagoharley.com/shop/i...c4c48cb8eb8d96

Old 07-22-2009, 07:57 AM
kkinderen
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How could this not be the dealer's responsibility to fix? What does putting a lowering kit on a bike (by the dealer) have to do with the seat coming down too hard on the fender (by the dealer too?)? I'm pretty naive I guess. If they happened to be replacing stock shocks would they be responsible if the same thing happens?

Old 07-22-2009, 08:06 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Unless the dealer has you sign a release of responsibility waiver its simple. Bike goes to dealer, dealer damages bike, dealer fixes bike.

Now you havent stated where and when the damage occured. Did this happen whilst the bike was at the dealer or later on down the road?

Quick Reply: Dealer Screwed me and my rocker