Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Most Quiet Baffles

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 12:45 PM
lucospock
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anyone tried those: http://www.smartpartz.com/baffles.html
they seem to do their job but I can't find any answer in our forum...

Old 07-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Spartaman
Cruiser

I just put on the quiet baffles from V&H and they did the trick. It makes the sound a much lower grumble and therefore seems not as loud. They sound so amazing!!! They only took me about 10 minutes to change out (4 screws). Pics to follow.

Old 07-25-2009, 07:40 PM
edeluxe07
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the QB's in my BSS, however I don't think they are that "quiet"....while I like the sound...I still feel like I have to be "careful" riding thru my neighborhood..... don't know if there is another baffle that will fit the BSS.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Spartaman
Cruiser

Those Smartpartz baffles are supposed to lower the decibles by 10-12 and add on to the existing baffles. That may do it for you: it was my next move if the QB didn't lower them enough.

Old 07-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Spartaman
Cruiser

As promised, here is the newest photo of my bike:

Old 07-28-2009, 10:51 AM
jvitas
Novice

The V&H Big Radius pipes add 15-20 db according to V&H. That is a ton. Look at the disclimers on the aftermarket exhausts. All say something like "for off road use only". I love the Big Radius pipes on the Rocker but don't want the noise. The after market baffles for the Big Radius are very short. Can't immagine that they do much unless they block the air flow a bunch.

It's all about tradeoffs. If you want more power you're going to make more noise. If you want quiet, you give up power. Simple physics, laws that can't be repealed.

Old 07-28-2009, 11:05 AM
Hammer107
Road Master

Originally Posted by Spartaman
I just bought the V&H Bigshots Staggered for my 2001 Softail Springer.

What are the best / quietest baffles that will work with these pipes? Do the V&H quiet baffles make a huge difference?

Although they sound awsome, I need to tone them down a lot or I'm in for many a ticket since in Montreal we're not even supposed to have baffled pipes.
We put the V&H quiet baffles in my wife's sporty unfortunately the day before we traded it.

It's still got some rumble to it for sure, but it's a really DEEP rumble rather than a blatty rumble if that makes sense. Definitely quieter and sounded 10x better in my opinion.

Old 07-28-2009, 04:52 PM
gregski
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I too have been leaning towards changing the baffles in my BSS. Hammer's description of a "blatty" sound is exactly what I am looking to change. I am down to a choice between the V&H QB's or the Big City Thunder baffles. They have one to fit the 2" ID of the BSS. Been reading good things about them too.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:03 PM
gregski
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I too have been leaning towards changing the baffles in my BSS. Hammer's description of a "blatty" sound is exactly what I am looking to change. I am down to a choice between the V&H QB's or the Big City Thunder baffles. They have one to fit the 2" ID of the BSS. Been reading good things about them too.

EDIT: Sorry about the double post. I'm getting old. I forget things. Forum mods, feel free to delete.

Last edited by gregski; 07-28-2009 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:44 AM
cruisinmann
Road Warrior
Received 1,808 Likes on 628 Posts

I just installed v & h bss a little on the loud side and seems a little flat in the lower rpm range talked with jim at big city thunder and ordered a set of the qb baffles he said it would help with the flat spot and give the pipes a much deeper tone.

Maybe I just wasted some money but I get them thursday and I'll get back with results. Have a doherty intake ordered too. Guess I'll have to get it remapped after these changes and see what the final results are.

95" 251 cams 10.25 84hp 93 t before pipe and intake change

Quick Reply: Most Quiet Baffles