Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadian Online Parts Stores?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009 | 08:33 PM
Lucky 13
Road Master

Man! You poor Canadian guys take a a$$ whippin when it comes to bike parts. Canadian whiskey is cheep here and you pay a fortune for bike parts. Go figure?

Old 07-17-2009 | 09:58 PM
Milty
Road Master

Anything Harley comes from Zanottis. Request USPS as there is no brokerage fees..None!
Ups will screw you every time. USPS takes tops 10 days.

Old 07-17-2009 | 10:23 PM
bikewhisperer
Intermediate

As far as I know, if anything you order is made in North America it is duty free, and if you can get it shipped US Postal service there is no brokerage fees either. Only thing you have to pay is GST to the postman when he delivers it, and even that they forget sometimes. If you can have the shipper claim it is a warranty part then no tax. UPS and FEDEX get ya at the border though.

That's my experience.

The following users liked this post:
rochman (01-08-2017)
Old 07-17-2009 | 10:51 PM
128auto
Extreme HDF Member

I only buy from seller who ships USPS international, flat rate brokerage fee $5 + whatever custom duties, go figure.

Old 07-18-2009 | 04:37 AM
harley_nova
|
Tourer

Thanks for the info guys. I had my Rush pipes shipped through USPS and paid the +/-$42 when I went and picked it up. Maybe that was the GST? I automatically thought that would have come right off my VISA when I bought them.
Regardless, buying from the states is rough!! ChiChing!! $$$

Old 07-19-2009 | 05:00 AM
roqueweiler
Advanced

I've had good luck with the "free shipping anywhere in the continental US" and sending it to a UPS store in Bellingham.

I ride across the line and pick up myself. Customs has been too lazy to charge any duty on a $100 purchase both time I've done this.

Dunno if it's an option for you, but there it is.......

Old 07-19-2009 | 09:05 AM
bikewhisperer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by harley_nova
Maybe that was the GST? I automatically thought that would have come right off my VISA when I bought them.
Americans can't charge GST since it is a Canadian tax. That is why Canada Post collects it upon delivery.

Old 01-08-2017 | 05:29 PM
rochman
Cruiser

Originally Posted by gade-r-8
Try strictly v-twins (formerly Fred Hale motors) I deal with them all the time locally but never ordered on line. Good guys to deal with, and located in Canada so no duty or exchange. Parts Canada, and Motovan also offer on line ordering, but are geared more for holesale.
Easy there gade-r-8 Are you local to V-Twins.

Old 01-08-2017 | 05:59 PM
Edders
Advanced

https://fortnine.ca/en/

Fort Nine (formerly Canada Motorcycle) always treated me great, and fast shipping to the Toronto area at least.

Old 01-08-2017 | 10:53 PM
8ntsane
Cruiser

Fort Nine is good to deal with, and has decent prices too. Also check out Preston Cycle
http://prestoncycle.com/index.php/site/index
Also look into Hot Baggers in PEI, they carry / sell the lines from Midwest Canada.
Heritage Cycle is another one to look at.
I understand what your saying about buying from the US when you live in Canada.
I have purchased from several places on the US side. From my experience USPS is fine if your purchase is 100 bucks or less, but if your over that, they will ship UPS, then you get raped. With our dollar exchange, shipping, taxes and brokerage fee,s your part will cost you double by the time its in your hands.

I have found out the hard way about returning your parts back to the US. You will pay all the above mentioned fee,s all over again when your replacement part enters Canada.
I avoid making orders to the US , and buy from venders in Canada. If you shop around, you can get the same brand names and pay less than buying direct from the US.

Some brands/ products you will have to order direct from the US. Example, I'm looking to buy ShotGun Shocks for my bike. I know buy the time it gets to my door, the price in total will be close to 3,000.00 Can dollars.

Quick Reply: Canadian Online Parts Stores?