Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6 foot 9 and want a HD, which model?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 11:32 PM
Lundee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My buddys your height. He rides a Heritage w/ 3" over forward controls & 20" apes he says its comfy.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:37 PM
Ncst8Fatboy
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 6'8" and have got my Fatboy to where it is extremely comfortable for me to ride. There is a lot that tall riders can do to make their rides fit better. Get what you like the best to start off with and go from there.

The guy I bought mine from was about 5'3", so I had a lot of work to do.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:08 AM
Micahdogg
Stage III

I'm feeling a lot better about a Nightrain now. I've been all over the map with an American V-twin cruiser for about 4 years now. I usually pick the hard, exclusive route (Gilroy Indian, BBC Venom), but I've decided a HD Nightrain offers the best package, great support and hides the dirt so i don't have to be afraid to dirty up my chrome

Pic's will definitely follow. Thanks guys.

Old 07-14-2009, 12:15 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Any bike you get is going to be a bit of a problem, fit wise. But rather than spend a bunch of money on a custom seat you might look into getting your seat modified to fit you better.
These guys will take your measurments and make over the seat to fit you to the bike better and give you a better ride in the bargin.

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Give them a call and ask them if/what they can do for each bike. I'll lay odds your going to need those 3 1/2" extensions anyway so tell them about it up front and take it from there.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:07 AM
calebrity
Intermediate

6'4" - i have been looking for a seat that will push me back for a while now - seems like seats that push you back push you up too, if they drop you down then you are humping the tank. you can only go so far forward with controls before you hit your U.S.S. 6foot9er feet on the front wheel. legroom seems to be tough to get. haven't got to try a hollywood - anyone have opinion on comfort/fit compared to lepera barebones or a badlander seat? (those are the two that i have actually put on my bike) a sportster isn't the best starting point for a tall guy but it is what i have. are the same model seats pretty much the same accross HD models or is a hollywood on a softail completely different than a hollywood on a dyna?

Old 07-14-2009, 07:13 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

at 6 9 any bike you want. i have a friend 6 7 and he likes road king

Old 07-14-2009, 07:25 AM
CRZYLGZZ
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look mighty Joe young, Lol, bottom line your blessed with an aerial perpsective of it all.

Im 6'4, i have a FatBob, im snug as an infant on her momma's tat.
I have a sundowner seat so my flat **** doesnt get sore, and stock forward controls,

Granted im not your stature, but my point is, before you go with the mindset of after market products, see what you can wrangle out of HD stock first.

HD as theives as they are actually do have an asortment of items they can install or modify to suit you needs.
Sit with them pick a scott, and watch how fast they configure the bike Hell, they may even already have a a few in the service garage that you can tinker with and get a feel for them.

First get the ride to your specs without paying more for it, then worry bout those aftermarket goodies.

Why drop 19+k on a bike plus goodies afterwards when you can probably get those goodies installed by HD and at no extra cost and haggle the salesman down to 16K.

Keep us posted, I defiantely wanna see where ya go with all of this.
God Bless and welcome

Old 07-15-2009, 10:52 AM
FreakO'Nature
Cruiser

Holy crap Batman!!! Finally someone with the same dilemma as me. You can tell by my name that I also have a stature problem. I too amd 6'9". I bought a Night Train in May because I wanted one. It didn't matter what bike I chose because I would still look like a freak on it regardless of model. Buy what you like and make the bike fit you. I put 3" Ness extensions on it and it helped a little. The drag bars are a perfect fit for my long arms too! The next step is to contact meancitycycles and see if they can mod a seat for me based on inseam measurements and that should make it all good! From what I've read and researched this is probably the best option. Just
remember-we still have the best view in any crowd-and not too many people fvck with us either. I'm 6'9" and 260 lbs. Lovin' Life!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:04 AM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

I'm 6'6" and ride very comfortably on a Softail Custom.

I put on the Arlen Ness control extensions(about $250), which gave me 3" extra length.

then I put on the SwingWing footpegs from Kuryakyn(about $155). they have a lever that swings out on each peg, to give you a highway-type peg when you want it, giving me even more distance.

With those puppies flipped out, I stretch out and it's like being in my recliner at home!

PM me and I can get you pictures of the set up if you like.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:12 PM
dugan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

somebody explain to me how a long legs and arms rider would benefit from drag bars.

Quick Reply: 6 foot 9 and want a HD, which model?