Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airhorns....On a Night Train? Say it aint so Joe....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 11:02 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Airhorns....On a Night Train? Say it aint so Joe....

Loud pipes save lives? So do loud *** horns! I'm too impatient to wait on my powdercoatin' appoint on Monday so I bolted these up in chrome lovers mode. I'm actually having the body of the unit PC'ed wrinkle black to match the motor yet leaving the actual trumpets chrome.

This was a crazy plot hatched between me and my neighbor. He ordered the Rivco horns for like $170.00 I was gonna do the same but though they were plain and ugly. I went with these Metal arts ones with self contained compressor instead. I got em' on a 4th of july online blowout for $215.00 shipped. I figgered they may play well with my Panhead emblem old school theme I'm working on....

His Rivcos look like absolute chit on his Kawasaki mean Streak. Worse even than my weirdo setup!

They are loud as heck. 130 Db's. Sounds like a locomotive. At night. Like a Night Train!

They look creepy with the chrome body portion. I think they will come around once Pc'ed along with me tossing the red plugs wires next week in favor of a set of black accel 8.0's and I really dont dig my latest shifter. An actual HD cue ball I drilled, tapped and inserted a threaded insert into. Too big. Too creepy. Then again I seem to dig on Creepy!!

Old 07-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Called2Duty
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ya ok the horn is some funny stuff. but of the 100 times iv looked at your sled I never noticed the retro tank emblem,,,,BAD ***!!!

Old 07-11-2009, 01:36 PM
KcCrossbones
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow they look great, as does your bike. Are they legal? I want a youtube video of those things versus a stock horn when your done. Real Nice.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:40 PM
HarleyCamper
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love it! I wanna see/hear that youtube too.

Old 07-11-2009, 06:05 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

I aint smurt enough to make movies and post em...I can barely post a derned photo!!

I had a video for those derned horns.....Cant find it. They are pretty loud.

You guys are gonna make me figure out to make movies..My camera has that feature...I'll work on it.

They are off the bike again and torn down for a trip to the powder shop Monday.

My bike looks all nekkid there now with the stock horn!!

Old 07-11-2009, 10:00 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Hey creepy Chaz. did ja ever thing bout a black 8ball for shifter ****. couldn't figure out what the white spot was for a while...

Does that horn also improve braking, them gotta be som loud SumDitch's

Old 07-11-2009, 10:16 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by oct1949
Hey creepy Chaz. did ja ever thing bout a black 8ball for shifter ****. couldn't figure out what the white spot was for a while...

Does that horn also improve braking, them gotta be som loud SumDitch's
Lol!

I have an 8 ball as well. And an old school 30's style black ****, and a mini cue ball, and the big HD cue ball, and a Marble little one....

My biker dosent photograph well...Or I cant take photos worth a hoot. The white shift ***** look the best in person.

I hate the 8-ball . Looks straight outta the Wal-Mart automotive section!!

The horn absolutely improves braking....Just not my braking. It is loud enough to make folks hit the brakes a bit sooner.

They are loud. But there is a catch. They arent that loud just plugged into the OEM horn wires. To make them really function as intended you need to run a little regulator with power off the battery and wire it between everything. The stock horn cannot do 12 volts at 10-12 amps.

So the whole 5 minute install speil from Metal Arts is col if you want horns that sound like they came off a girls pixie flyer bicycle. You want earth shattering loud there is about 45 minutes of extra wiring involved.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:10 AM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

dude, that horn looks like it belongs on that bike !! you are right though, i think it'll look even better once p'coated.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:45 AM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,447 Likes on 2,596 Posts

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,I think the horn ruins the best looking side of your bike Chaz.G.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:33 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

This is a function over form thing anyday. You are not going to ahve problems with cages now. I had some on another bike I had and used to get a kick out of watching people jump when I hit the horn. Either that or they thought I was the food truck pulling up to the construction site.

Quick Reply: Airhorns....On a Night Train? Say it aint so Joe....