Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heartland mixed feelings!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:31 AM
dkyork
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about extending the seat latch by the tank or the seat tongue itself to make it reach? Some metal, a drill, and some bolts might take care of it.

Dale

Old 07-10-2009, 10:00 AM
CANTDR55
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say have the seat adjusted. Shouldn't be that expencsive for Danny Gray to reform the front as long as you give them the right specs. I had a new custom made for some big bucks but its what I wanted. Here's a pic to give you an idea.

Rob

2005 nightrain
Carbed.
Stage I
Roland Sands Design VENTURI AIR CLEANER
Arlen Ness forward control extension kit.
V&H Straight shots
Radiant Side mount license plate light with LED cats-eye (discontinued)
Heartland rear fender kit
Danny Gray stingray custom solo seat

Last edited by CANTDR55; 07-10-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:28 PM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master

A friend of mine has an award winning chopper shop here locally, and they have some really wild seats sometimes. Im almost sure that he has a local guy make all the seats for his shop. This way I dont have to worry about getting the exact shape and size combination for my seat/fender/tank as I have never done this before. I think they also do the gel and memory foam in thier seats also. If not, I could also send the seat to Danny Gray once the new seat is finalized to have DG do their thing.

Originally Posted by mt325
Reshaping the seat will be the best and most cost effective approach. My feeling are don't go with RSD or PM. I had a horrible 3 month ordeal with wheels and paid for all the shipping, plus you have to buy a new seat with there set upand they only offer to types. Heartland has awesome customer services and could easily guide you to reshape the seat. Tank looks great btw.

Old 07-10-2009, 01:33 PM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master

Im not a big fan of the RSD struts either. Specially the way they bolt up to the stock fender struts. Only reason I considered them was because the kit didnt bring a rock guard and didnt bring a seat.
The Heartland has some top quality parts. I just wish the struts werent so thick.

Old 07-10-2009, 07:30 PM
Havanacigar
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That tank is a keeper, do a nice custom seat, and it'l be cool.. As far as a rock guard, I have a friend who made one out oF diamond plate stainless, and it looks killer

Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 PM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master

Yea. The tank has a really nice but simple shape to it as it stretched but it doesnt look overdone like a custom chopper or something of that nature. Im not knocking the custom choppers, but its just not the look that im looking for this bike.

Originally Posted by Havanacigar
That tank is a keeper, do a nice custom seat, and it'l be cool.. As far as a rock guard, I have a friend who made one out oF diamond plate stainless, and it looks killer

Old 07-14-2009, 05:24 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ScReaMnEagLE22
why do you say I might still have a problem??
The tank is where the fitmit problem is. all the kits are made to fit with a stock tank, the are a few that have been streched and they look awesome, like I said it would be cheaper and easier to make the seat fit the tank then making the tank fit the seat. Either way your ride should come out looking cool