Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'09 Softail Custom trade in value

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 01:39 PM
yomny
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 Softail Custom trade in value

Hello everyone.. i haven't been here too long but i wanted to introduce myself as the owner of a softail custom. Love the bike but it was purchased originally for my father and well lets just say that the poor thing has been sitting collecting dust so i took ownership of it and have since put 1000 miles on it.. to and from work, the gym and weekend rides. I love riding it no matter how bad the sun hits me, sometimes even rain. The sad news is that i wanted to trade it it for something smaller and a little less heavy and sportier, although this 200mm rear tire sure looks good. I was looking to get an 09 nightsters. The softail cost around 16500 and well i've had it for a few months and was wondering how much do you think i'll lose with that trade it, considering the bike is in really good conditions.. i cleaned it regularly and took good care of it. Thanks for all your replies in advance.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You are going to take good ole southern *** whupping on that one.....

Shakey

Old 07-09-2009, 01:47 PM
oneloudz71
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nada should have a trade in value.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
yomny
Advanced

i knew i was going to hear it.. Im not too much of a big guy and well i really rather have something lighter and a bit more for a youngster like me.. i dont know maybe my father decides to keep it after all and i'll get a sportster for me.. just wanted to get an idea about the trade in since he really didn't take much interest or just doesn't have much time to ride.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:48 PM
BuffaloRider
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
You are going to take good ole southern *** whupping on that one.....

Shakey
+1,, They'll see you coming a mile away. You will take it in the shorts for sure

Old 07-09-2009, 01:49 PM
yomny
Advanced

sorry for the noob question, what is NADA?

Old 07-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Pussboy
Cruiser

Go to nadaguides.com or kbb.com. You punch in the year, make, and accessories...and it gives you an idea of the retail value of your bike. The market is soft right now and dealers will want to make a healthy profit when they turn around and sell your bike so you are going to take a hit. But, you only live once and I can tell you from personal experience that you will be much happier and probably safer on a bike that you are comfortable on and that you love to ride! Good luck!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:06 PM
yomny
Advanced

Thanks i'll do that.. i dont mind keeping the softail but i just wanted to get an idea and see if its possible without losing too much.. Thanks

Old 07-09-2009, 02:08 PM
refuzeandrezizt
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's put it this way, I took my 08 Night Train up to the dealer to try and get me one of those nice, pretty new Street Glides. They told me they would give me 12K for it, and my mods and money mean chit to them. So, let's just say I will be keeping my Train for awhile. I am really glad I didn't get rid of it too now, I am really in love with this damn thing.

Old 07-09-2009, 02:13 PM
yomny
Advanced

sounds like its going to be much better for me to get the nightster and my father to start liking his Softail or i just take the softail and start liking it.

Quick Reply: '09 Softail Custom trade in value