Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slim dot helmet

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 04:40 PM
nm156
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry bro, but my first helmet was an HCI DOT and now I have the ACC and it's night and day difference. I don't feel like I have a bowling ball on my head. I can barely feel my ACC. I looked dorky as hell with the HCI. Just my .

This is my ACC helmet. This is not me in the picture, but you can get an idea of how less bulky it is and still DOT. A little pricy though at $160.
I hear ya!

I was wearing it earlier today and, it makes me look like a Mellon head! No two ways about it!

I think I'm going for the ACC Trooper 2 after they release the DOT version.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:17 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This is the helmet i have but in black candy. This is the DOT edition ACC/Headtrip. (picture is from headtrip web site)

Slim dot helmet-desert-20tan.jpg

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 07-10-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 09:08 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 187 Likes on 148 Posts

Thought about buying an ACC and called last year to get the actual outer dimensions of their DOT half helmet. It turned out that their med. was almost the same exact dimensions of a cheap DOT I have. It does not look like that in the pics though... So, I wear a novelty for now... If some one has a half helmet med. DOT ACC, Im curious as to what your outer dimensions are.

Old 07-10-2009, 10:18 PM
neocontra
Banned

[quote=finalfury;5253969]
Originally Posted by XARAN

Sorry bro, but my first helmet was an HCI DOT and now I have the ACC and it's night and day difference. I don't feel like I have a bowling ball on my head. I can barely feel my ACC. I looked dorky as hell with the HCI. Just my .

This is my ACC helmet. This is not me in the picture, but you can get an idea of how less bulky it is and still DOT. A little pricy though at $160.

The helmet in this picture is NOT the ACC DOT helmet, it's the carbon fiber novelty helmet.

While I have their novelty helmet (and love it) the picture above should not be used as an idea of how it will look. I had originally purchased the ACC DOT one..but due to the oval shape of my head and the DOT helmet being too round I could not get it to fit. This was even when I was in Florida on vacation and they actually tried contouring it for me...just wouldn't work.

Their novelty helmets are more oval shaped and deeper, whereas their DOTs are more round and shallow. That said, their customer service is top notch and they make great helmets.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 PM
cycle crazy
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[quote=finalfury;5253969]
Originally Posted by XARAN

Wish my ACC looked that good.......guess that's why I sent it back!!!!

Old 07-11-2009, 11:14 AM
calebrity
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kylant
do you actually have one? these guys are right up the road and might be worth a drive to check out. how light is it? how thin in the liner? i have a fulmer 1/2 and want something with a lower profile.

thanks
http://www.jafrum.com/Motorcycle-Hel...FRBbagod5nWYJA

i think this is where i originally got mine - couldn't find this place before but i think they are the same helmets - the liner is about an inch thick. my only complaint is that there is no place to put the end of the strap - i always tuck it in but some have a snap or some way of dealing with the end so it doesn't whip you in the face. *notice my fine microsoft paint artistry* you can be the judge of whether it is low profile enough for you (and whether i look like a goob) - i have a medium i think and it is reasonably comfortable

Attached Thumbnails Slim dot helmet-front.jpg   Slim dot helmet-profile.jpg  
Old 07-11-2009, 12:06 PM
aimhard
Cruiser

Nice sllim fit

Attached Thumbnails Slim dot helmet-imagecavj8q0o.jpg  
Old 07-12-2009, 07:33 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I've seen this one on before. It's DOT, small, and inexpensive