Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slim dot helmet

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 06:58 PM
nm156
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stixman_576
my dot helmet makes me look ultra cool!!!!!!!!!
Thats funny!

Old 07-09-2009, 07:19 PM
nm156
Banned
Default Alright now leval with me fellas!

I want the honest TRUTH!!!!

Does my DOT HD helmet make me look fat?? LOL!!!

Just kidding! I hate the way it looks but I do want DOT protection (when I wear it).

I take the removable liner out and wear a bandanna under it. I get plenty of ventilation and it's fairly comfortable because it's loose without the cloth liner.

I can't help wonder if I could find a better fit and a smaller size shell from ACC, or Daytona or whoever! It's not like I got cash to buy a hundred lids to find the right one so come on people! Let me see what these nut shells look like on! Post your pic!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you post a pic, include the size. It makes a diff.
My BIL wears a MED and he doesn't have too much trouble finding lids that don't look bad, cause he's got a small noggin to begin with.

Old 07-09-2009, 07:36 PM
nm156
Banned

Originally Posted by Hockey Stick
If you post a pic, include the size. It makes a diff.
My BIL wears a MED and he doesn't have too much trouble finding lids that don't look bad, cause he's got a small noggin to begin with.

Thats a size large. If I put the liner in it feels like I sound be an extra large. My head measures 23 3/4" around and I'm a 7 5/8" hat size. My wife has a womens med and I did the same thing with her helmet liner and her's seem to fit me even better. NO! I AIN'T WEARIN NO CHICKS HELMET!

When I do a side by side comparison of the two helmets, there is very little difference in size. Only a 1/4" in width and height.

Old 07-09-2009, 10:04 PM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

[QUOTE=nm156;5249602]I want the honest TRUTH!!!!

I take the removable liner out and wear a bandanna under it. I get plenty of ventilation and it's fairly comfortable because it's loose without the cloth liner.

If your taking the liner out and its loose you may have less protection than you know. A loose or poorly fitting helmet can amplify the impact instead of absorbing it.

If you dont like the helmet buy one that you like and fits correctly. I am a ACC owner and very happy with it but if money is an issue look at the HCI helmets thaty are almost the same size and are DOT for $ about 50

Old 07-09-2009, 11:25 PM
cycle crazy
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChosenDFW
Fits pretty good, but make sure you measure and order by their chart sizes. No mushroom head, but "no return on DOT" means don't order size based on what you usually wear!!
I'll give em a try...I've tried almost everything else

Old 07-10-2009, 12:12 AM
zuma
Road Captain

Thanks guys, need to try an Acc or Carbon, I can't just order on the net without trying.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:50 AM
calebrity
Intermediate

i like the colonel klink look for my $. pics on the dummy aren't good representation - i always get compliments on it and its DOT so it might actually protect my noggin - flat black is a lifesaver as well

http://www.thehelmetsource.com/GermanHelmets.htm

Old 07-10-2009, 03:59 PM
kylant
Road Captain

Originally Posted by calebrity
i like the colonel klink look for my $. pics on the dummy aren't good representation - i always get compliments on it and its DOT so it might actually protect my noggin - flat black is a lifesaver as well

http://www.thehelmetsource.com/GermanHelmets.htm
do you actually have one? these guys are right up the road and might be worth a drive to check out. how light is it? how thin in the liner? i have a fulmer 1/2 and want something with a lower profile.

thanks

Old 07-10-2009, 04:16 PM
finalfury
Cruiser

[quote=XARAN;5250437]
Originally Posted by nm156
I want the honest TRUTH!!!!

If your taking the liner out and its loose you may have less protection than you know. A loose or poorly fitting helmet can amplify the impact instead of absorbing it.

If you dont like the helmet buy one that you like and fits correctly. I am a ACC owner and very happy with it but if money is an issue look at the HCI helmets thaty are almost the same size and are DOT for $ about 50
Sorry bro, but my first helmet was an HCI DOT and now I have the ACC and it's night and day difference. I don't feel like I have a bowling ball on my head. I can barely feel my ACC. I looked dorky as hell with the HCI. Just my .

This is my ACC helmet. This is not me in the picture, but you can get an idea of how less bulky it is and still DOT. A little pricy though at $160.

Last edited by finalfury; 07-10-2009 at 04:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Slim dot helmet