Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slim dot helmet

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Hockey Stick
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bought a VEGA XTS NAKED. Fits comfy and is more narrow side-to-side so doesn't have that mushroom look.
Still a little thick front to back. $60.

I choose the vega over others I've seen (like HCI) because I don't like the padded straps the others have. I was never able to find a daytona to try. And the ACC helmets are too expensive for me. I tried one of their Trooper style DOT helmets and it still looked BIG.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:45 PM
ChosenDFW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got one of these from Hells Bells Customs. A little pricey at $125, but the memory foam is comfortable during long rides.

http://www.hellsbellscustoms.com/car...TrooperDOT.htm

Originally Posted by zuma
Can anyone suggest a slim DOT helmet, I have a Harley that makes me look like CHIPS...

Maybe Carbon, low profile.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Mrawsome21
Cruiser

Originally Posted by quirino21
Daytona has only 3 colors, ringt? gray, balck, and matt black.
Daytona has solid colors, "custom colors," and some graphics in 1/2, 3/4 and full face DOT approved helmets. Like I said before, I love mine; I've got the blue flames.
http://www.daytonahelmets.com/

Old 07-08-2009, 08:10 PM
das56170
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a Daytona 1/2 DOT, and I'm pretty happy with it. It was pretty cheap and a lot smaller than the one I got at the dealer. Plus it doesn't slide back on my head like my original helmet. I was considering a carbon fiber helmet from ACC, but i'm not sure if it would be any smaller than my Daytona...plus they're a lot more expensive. I've asked if anyone on here could compare the sizes of the dayona and ACC, but no one has ever responded.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:35 PM
cycle crazy
Tourer

Originally Posted by das56170
I have a Daytona 1/2 DOT, and I'm pretty happy with it. It was pretty cheap and a lot smaller than the one I got at the dealer. Plus it doesn't slide back on my head like my original helmet. I was considering a carbon fiber helmet from ACC, but i'm not sure if it would be any smaller than my Daytona...plus they're a lot more expensive. I've asked if anyone on here could compare the sizes of the dayona and ACC, but no one has ever responded.
I've tried many helmets (ACC,being the "so called" smallest),& it still looked big on my head!I even sent it back for a smaller size!!! I have only a size 7 too. Still searchin for a DOT that looks decent.......so I'm stickin with my novelty for now.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:37 PM
cycle crazy
Tourer

Originally Posted by ChosenDFW
I got one of these from Hells Bells Customs. A little pricey at $125, but the memory foam is comfortable during long rides.

http://www.hellsbellscustoms.com/car...TrooperDOT.htm

How does it fit??? Mushroom head???The Trooper looks decent,but that "no return on DOT" scares me!!

Old 07-09-2009, 01:49 PM
ChosenDFW
Tourer

Fits pretty good, but make sure you measure and order by their chart sizes. No mushroom head, but "no return on DOT" means don't order size based on what you usually wear!!

Originally Posted by cycle crazy
How does it fit??? Mushroom head???The Trooper looks decent,but that "no return on DOT" scares me!!

Old 07-09-2009, 02:13 PM
finalfury
Cruiser

This is what a DOT helmet looks like on your head. That's why I wear the ACC/HeadTrip DOT helmet. It's not as good lookin' as novelty helmets, but it doesn't look like this either...

Old 07-09-2009, 04:22 PM
stixman_576
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my dot helmet makes me look ultra cool!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
spade
Cruiser

Purchased a Daytona helmet last night for the wife from everyone's suggestion. She's been complaining about her HD helmet for a while. So thanks for the help!

Quick Reply: Slim dot helmet