Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage Springer Saddlebags on a Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Heritage Springer Saddlebags on a Deluxe

Well, I scored a set of Heritage Springer Saddlebags from an 03 Springer on Ebay for a pretty good price I think ($338).

I know someone got them to fit on theirs by drilling an extra hole in the fender strut but I really would not like to do any drilling if possible. Anyone have any ideas on how I can mount them. I actually would prefer some kind of quick disconnect. I probably won't see the bags for a about a week or so. The issue is the springer has 2 closer fender strut bolts.

Thanks,

Mike.

Old 05-22-2006, 12:54 PM
Mike NY
Road Master
Default RE: Heritage Springer Saddlebags on a Deluxe

OK,

How about a new question. Does anyone know if the Rear Fender Struts off a Heritage Classic will fit on a Deluxe.? I'm pretty sure the bolt spacing is the same as the Springer. That way I wouldn't have to drill...

Mike
NY

Old 05-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Scurvy Jack
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The frame for the softails is the same so it should work. You'll also need the pieces for the bottom support off your passenger pegs or make your own out of flat steel. You also need to realize that those bags are big enough that if your pipes are right side only you won't be able to hang your right bag. Those Springer bags were designed for dual pipes.

Old 05-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Mike NY
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Scurvy Jack

The frame for the softails is the same so it should work. You'll also need the pieces for the bottom support off your passenger pegs or make your own out of flat steel. You also need to realize that those bags are big enough that if your pipes are right side only you won't be able to hang your right bag. Those Springer bags were designed for dual pipes.
Thanks Jack,

Yeah, I know about the exhaust issue and I think when I put on after market ones they will be low enough. I thought about fishtails but my neighbor has a Heritage Springer and I would hate for him to think I am trying to turn my bike into one, but those bags just look great and are big. Thanks for the info on the struts.

Mike.

Old 05-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Bluerose

When I was at the dealer the other day I was talking with them about pipes.
I want to go with duals. They said that the Heritage pipes will fit the Deluxe
and the guy suggested that I might want to find some pipes from the Springer
that someone has removed (the cheap way to get duals). Then he showed me
some slip-ons to accent them.

Old 05-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Mike NY
Road Master

Well, I think I have it all figured out. I can replace the Rear Fender Struts (Rails) on my Deluxe with the ones from a Springer Classic. These have the extra Mounting hole I need. The Deluxe fender already has the hole I need drilled from the factory. You just can't see it but from underneath it's there. I also need to order a different monting plate for inside the fender for the extra bolt. The bags will fit like factory.

As far as the exhaust, I just scored a brand new set on Ebay for $350. I got the Screamin Eagle 16 Dbl Barrels. They will sit low enough so the bag won't hit them.

If I can accomplish all this, I will be one happy clam !!!!

Mike...