Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you recommend Rinehart exhaust? Which on is the loudest!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Fadhel
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you recommend Rinehart exhaust? Which on is the loudest!?

Ive seen this clip and it is LOUD. I like it. Do you guys recommend it on a 09 Fat Boy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0bMdcYqKuk

I dont know which exhaust is in the clip, but it sounds amazing!

Any ideas or recommendations? thanks!

Old 07-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Fadhel
Intermediate
Old 07-04-2009, 04:46 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Send him a message via youtube and ask what they are.

Old 07-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Fadhel
Intermediate

Originally Posted by anubisss
Send him a message via youtube and ask what they are.
I did. No reply

Videos were posted 1year ago

Old 07-04-2009, 05:14 PM
George C
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Best sounding pipe on the market.
I had the V&H Big Radius and switched to the Crossbacks for the looks, but they sound a ton deeper and give off that distinctive sound that only comes from Rinehart.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:32 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Most any two into twos with the baffles removed will just about deafen you, so take your pick .

Old 07-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysonL
Most any two into twos with the baffles removed will just about deafen you, so take your pick .

Exzackatly!

I went from V&H shortshots with no baffles...Louder than fvck and crazy.

To a set of V&H Big Shot Staggereds with baffles...Still lider than fvck and pretty neat sounding.

To a Rinehart 2-1 with baffle and IMO its the best of them all. It has a deep rumble at idle and when on the gas its a loud 2-1. It makes better useable power than the V&H's and IMO it looks cooler than heck. It sounds like a nascar race car when on the gas. Its badass and made for a huge TQ and HP in the midrange. I dont hafta polish it as its black ceramic and take me all of 35 seconds to spray it with windex wipe and its as new again. There are 2-1 performance pipes that may make a few more Lbs of TQ here or a HP or two there but dagnabbit this one looks cool and has the signature blingtastic endcap thats just trick. Rinehart rocks. Get you some!!

This is a dyno run of my bike with the Big Shots from Vance and the Rinehart. See the Rinehart making all that extra money in the midrange where it counts? No mods where changed between the runs. Just pipe to pipe shootout.
Name:  Scan_Pic0004.jpg
Views: 2702
Size:  100.9 KB
Name:  Picture063-2.jpg
Views: 4014
Size:  78.6 KB
Name:  PIC02743.jpg
Views: 2782
Size:  80.5 KB
BTW, Shop around as they are expensive!!

Old 07-04-2009, 07:10 PM
Fadhel
Intermediate

wow thats a nice bike chaz! and nice gains! Post some sound clips if you have any!

Are you sure that you can only achieve that kind of power with the 2-into-1? also do you happen to know whats the difference between these two?

http://www.jpcycles.com/Search/Produ...results=10&No=

and

Old 07-04-2009, 07:16 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fadhel

Are you sure that you can only achieve that kind of power with the 2-into-1?
Yes, and no. You can get great numbers out of a 2 into2 , but it's a lot easier to tune a motor with a 2 into 1 . The collector helps scavenge the exhaust from the longer head pipe, and also helps create back pressure earlier, and that's what builds the torque. Or so I have read.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Fadhel
wow thats a nice bike chaz! and nice gains! Post some sound clips if you have any!

Are you sure that you can only achieve that kind of power with the 2-into-1? also do you happen to know whats the difference between these two?

and

Thanks....

I'm a retard...I dunno how to post sound or video. I think I will fvck with my camera tonight as it makes short videos and its raining like a biotch and i cant even go ride!!

OK the difference in those 2 ads you popsted is that the first one is the chrome version of that pipe on my bike, The second insanely expensive one?

Is the pipe on my bike.

The Black Ceramic pipes from Rinehart are stoopidly expensive.

You do not need a 2-1 to achieve anything specific.

I posted that Dyno to show you the glaring difference in where different pipes make different power. I actually lost 2HP but gained 4 lbs of TQ.

The dyno sheets are good fun but in the real world on real streets when the rubber meets the real road? Its all about rideability. The Rinehart makes way more power in the RPM range that I ride in.

I didnt buy a Harley to hold it WFO and speed shift it at 5500RPM. I like most big twin owners shift the bike in the 3000-4000 RPM range and its there the 2-1 pipe simply outperforms one of the best of not the best 2-2 system on the market today being the V&H Big Shot Staggereds.

Dont get me wrong. Take away the Rineharts big midrange gains or take the Rinehart off the dyno graph all together and that Big Shot is a great pipe. Its good looking, low maintenance and well built.

It wasnt so much the gains that made me swap but the looks. I wanted a subdued black 2-1 pipe for the look I was after. The additional power gain in the midrange was really just an added bonus.

This chromed 2-2 pipe look was done for me...I was heading in other direction mentally in how I wanted my bike to look.

The Glam Metal Look...
Name:  Picture198.jpg
Views: 2799
Size:  75.4 KB

The Darker side of the house?
Name:  Picture114-1.jpg
Views: 5980
Size:  66.6 KB

But like I said, That Rinehart is a high dollar high end bitch and isnt for everyone. Most folks still love the chrome 2-2's. I did and still do. They can be had a heckuva lot cheaper than $756.00 as well.

I got a special deal on mine or I would have waited for the new Bub Lakester 2-1. Its cheaper and sooper short and cool. Its rat-Roddish in a way? When its released if my Riney gets beat up n' ugly in the next few years it could be my next pipe. Its still not available in this black ceramic tho..
Name:  05-3060-3-2.jpg
Views: 2710
Size:  44.5 KB

Quick Reply: Do you recommend Rinehart exhaust? Which on is the loudest!?