Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you recommend Rinehart exhaust? Which on is the loudest!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 07:27 PM
AaronH
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No dude, I had help. Figured out the getting the flange over the rear cyclinder and then phenagling it on the fron was the way to go.

Like Chaz said, its a tight fit and if I was going to do it myself again, I would wrap the pipes in shrink wrap as I got a couple nicks in the finish by monkeying with them. The clamps for the heat shields are also sadistically placed in locations almost impossble to get to with a screwdriver so gettig them on without screwing up the finish on the exhaust is a test of patience as well.

But the fit and finish once you have it installed is second to none. Everything lines up and the "tightness" of the install is worth it in the end.

Definitely a job that requires at least a 12 pack of beer to do.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Fadhel
Intermediate

with a 12 pack bear you can build your own 2 into 1 pipes

Old 07-05-2009, 10:28 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No dude, I had help. Figured out the getting the flange over the rear cyclinder and then phenagling it on the fron was the way to go.
Thats the only way them fvckers will go back on. I was starting to feel like a weak dick if you got them on solo and I had no chance whatsoever...And I tried. For like 30 minutes.

I wrapped mine in blue painters tape both times. Then got my Neighbor both times to guide the front in while I had the back. That sounded wrong.

Pipes are flawless but my front cyclinder fins got a few nicks.

In the end its worth it. They are on there real snug like.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:44 PM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Harley should get Rinehart to do OEM pipes for them. They truely know what they are doing. I bet they could make quiet EPA certified pipes that sound so much better than what HD offers now.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Duecesx2
Cruiser

Whats totally cool about these clips is that you can turn up the volume on your computer and the pipes get louder!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-06-2009, 05:39 AM
MasterGun
Intermediate
Default Sounds like mine.

While watching the videos it sounds like mine ).

Python slash/staggered w/Big City Thunder baffles.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 AM
95ci springer
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are a bitch to put on. Even harder the second time. I took them off to install my oil pressure guage kit and took me about 15 min. to get the head pipe back on and onother 15min. to tighten the header bolts. The most aggrevating 30 min! They are a fit like OJ's gloves. I love the sound, wish the collector heat shield fit better and, wish the chrome wasn't yellowish. My end cap turned purple too!

Old 07-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Rail
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I like the Rineharts but can't decide between the black or the chrome.. Not sure whether they're worth the headache over the pipe I already have either.. BUB makes them for Rinehart so I called BUB and they said they will not fit for on the Rocker.. Asked them if this was like V&H said the same thing and the guy said no, they really won't.. Said the tolerances were too tight and wouldn't bolt to the frame.. After hearing what ya'll are saying he might have been telling me the truth.. Said they were planning on having the BUB "7" 2-1 available this summer for the Rocker but nothing for the Rinehart at this time.. Of course there's still nothing about the 2-1 on their site but they do have the duals for the Rocker up so maybe soon..

Old 07-06-2009, 02:51 PM
AaronH
Advanced

Rail,

If they end up making one that fits, I think a black Riney 2-1 would look sweet on your bike.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rail
I like the Rineharts but can't decide between the black or the chrome.. Not sure whether they're worth the headache over the pipe I already have either.. BUB makes them for Rinehart so I called BUB and they said they will not fit for on the Rocker.. Asked them if this was like V&H said the same thing and the guy said no, they really won't.. Said the tolerances were too tight and wouldn't bolt to the frame.. After hearing what ya'll are saying he might have been telling me the truth.. Said they were planning on having the BUB "7" 2-1 available this summer for the Rocker but nothing for the Rinehart at this time.. Of course there's still nothing about the 2-1 on their site but they do have the duals for the Rocker up so maybe soon..
Rail that Rinehart literally snaps into place with no room for error on our narrow assed bikes!!

That Bub Lakester could be the hot ticket though.....