Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you recommend Rinehart exhaust? Which on is the loudest!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 08:01 PM
PureDeath
Road Warrior
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

It's all bout the Rinehart's here, like the sound!

Old 07-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No doubt about it Rinehart pipes are engineered to make good noise.

The true performance fanatics who run D&D Fat Cats and Pro-Pipes like to use terms like Centerfold Pipes,Noisemakers,Pretty Boy Pipes.

Etc..Etc...

I could give a shat...Good Gawd Rineharts sound good!.

Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 AM
AaronH
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put a 2-1 on my Train too. It sounds great and like Chaz said, pulls like a freight train after about 3k on the tach. Call Shawn at Dr. V-Twin and you won't pay anywhere close to 760.00. They were the cheapest I found anywhere for new ones anyway.

Old 07-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Hmmm....Now I'm wondering how much Aaron paid for his!!

I gave $530.00 shipped from American Classic motors in PA.

They owed me big time for dicking me around on a solo bag I bought from them and issued me a bribe to not give them bad feedback on E-Bay.

They then sold me a new Riney at what they said was less than dealer cost.......

OK Aaron how much did you give for yours!!!

Old 07-05-2009, 11:22 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personally I like loud too. But I don't want to have "the loudest" bike out there, and to me there's a difference in "loud". I like loud but with a deep rumble, not that "tinny" pocket-rocket loud. And I'm still in love with the 2 into 2's. I know more performance can be had from 2 into 1's, but for me I don't need every single possible HP or TQ that can be had. I love performance, but I also like looks, and for me the 2 into 2's are what works. But that's just a personal opinion. Use the search function on this site and you'll find more information than you could imagine. And I also am a true-blue Rinehart fan.

Old 07-05-2009, 11:51 AM
AaronH
Advanced

599.00 with free overnight shipping.

Chaz, I knew you somehow came across yours for dirt cheap from reading the NT pictures thread. They told me that was their cost and with no cash for shipping it sounded good to me.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

$599 was dirty cheap Aaron. I couldnt find any that cheap short of my weird deal with Am Classics E-Bay store folks.

I got mine at the hanging on the wall scratched up POS demo price as American Classics had advertised a set they didnt even have any more and when I bought them??? Alas no pipes. Combine that with the Solo saddlebag I paid for and waited 3 weeks for that they didnt have??

Needless to say after speaking with Krissy in customer service and having the ability to hammer that *** with 2 counts of horrible feedback on $650.00 bucks worth of stuff purchased that did not even exsist??

I had me a brand spanking new set of pipes for extra dirty cheap. Am classics pays out $25.00 credits to avoid bad feedback. I had 2 of those making $50.00 which I took off the $569.00 demo pipe pricing.

Old 07-05-2009, 12:59 PM
AaronH
Advanced

I haven't done much on ebay with parts as of yet. I got all my foot controls off there but they were take offs so it was a private seller. I might have to try my luck selling on eBay because the Straight Shot mufflers I have listed on Craiglist aren't moving.

Way to leverage a better deal out of a bad experience though.

I will say this though, 2-1s are not fun to install.

Old 07-05-2009, 05:25 PM
Fadhel
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AaronH
Why?!?

Sorry complete noob here

Old 07-05-2009, 05:33 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

Originally Posted by AaronH
I haven't done much on ebay with parts as of yet. I got all my foot controls off there but they were take offs so it was a private seller. I might have to try my luck selling on eBay because the Straight Shot mufflers I have listed on Craiglist aren't moving.

Way to leverage a better deal out of a bad experience though.

I have done mine twice now aaron...It dosent get any easier the second time.

Its so bad in fact I would rather eat my own Sh*t than to have to fvck with those pipes again.

If you got them on without a helper you are the Mang Aaron. I had to go get my neighbor both times!! Spread, Push, Spread, Push... I feel for women now as I have an idea what they go thru!!

Why?!?

Sorry complete noob here
The 2-1 Rinehart has such close tolerances that it dosent just slide into place. It has to be pushed cajoled, threatend, cursed, spread, pushed, and finally it clacks into place with a resounding thunk.

I have swaped many a pipe in my day but I will say that installing a set of Rinehart 2-1's is pure hell and if you are a straight "Rook" and like your cylinder fins to stay pretty on the front cylinder?

Have a dealer install em.

Quick Reply: Do you recommend Rinehart exhaust? Which on is the loudest!?