Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My (new to me) Train :-)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:45 AM
finalfury
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jefnightrain
Looks sweet. Drop the *** end a couple of inches & loose the reflectors & it will completely change the look. Put a solo seat on & you will visually drop it another couple of inches. Than you have a bike with a real lowlife looking attitude.
I love the idea of dropping the bike. Soooo, how do I do that? Also, does the front need to be dropped? I need to find a 2 piece 2-up seat so I can ride solo and take the little lady out. I need something comfy for her too. What seat offers the right combo?

Reflectors coming off ASAP.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:15 AM
jknowlton
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by finalfury
I love the idea of dropping the bike. Soooo, how do I do that? Also, does the front need to be dropped? I need to find a 2 piece 2-up seat so I can ride solo and take the little lady out. I need something comfy for her too. What seat offers the right combo?

Reflectors coming off ASAP.
To take off reflectors, use some fishing line or get them off instead of a screwdriver or whatever tool closest to you like some of may have done..hmmn, did I do that? lol

Old 06-29-2009, 09:45 AM
jed1069
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats and welcome to the HD family. Did it come with the quick detach sissybar? It has the hardware on it for one. If you don't have it I would look into one for the lady friend on back. It will give you both a lot more room. I love the Gas caps I have tose on my fatboy too!!

Old 06-29-2009, 10:09 AM
fxstbharley2008
Tourer

Congrads! What year?
Looks like what I am going to do to mine...........

Old 06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by finalfury
So i picked her up this past Saturday..What do you guys think?
Here we go!

First off, I'm glad you didn't get the Fury. You'll get comments about your night train everywhere you go (I know I do). You'd get a lot of questions about the Fury, but in a very different kind of way...

How about some pics of the LEDs in the dark? Kinda wondered how those things would look on a train, since there's not a lof of chrome for them to shine off of.

I do like the chrome fork sliders... different from the black fork slider route many take.

Tri-Bar LED taillight: Nice.

I think the chrome on the swingarm is out of place. I'd PC the rear axle covers black, lose the chome insert, and replace the swingarm bolt covers with black swingarm bolt covers.

That's what I think. But nice move on the Night Train. You won't regret it.

Old 06-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Blk and Chrome
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice ride looks good, love the color

Old 06-29-2009, 12:13 PM
NFFN
Banned

Nice scoot, rip the lighting off the bike,

Last edited by NFFN; 06-29-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 12:40 PM
chuckchili
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I too think that a glossy black Night Train is one of the most beautiful things on earth. But, I also think that you should immediately rip of the neon light strips and either attach them to your house around Christmas time or throw them in the trash. Great looking bike tho!

Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 PM
NFFN
Banned

Originally Posted by chuckchili
I too think that a glossy black Night Train is one of the most beautiful things on earth. But, I also think that you should immediately rip of the neon light strips and either attach them to your house around Christmas time or throw them in the trash. Great looking bike tho!
I agree, personally I can not stand neon lights they are very "American Thunder" to me. The only lights you will see coming from my scoot are the flames coming out of the exhaust when I come off the throttle.
Just my

Old 06-29-2009, 01:10 PM
url8
Road Master

Nice ride....Congrats!!!

Quick Reply: My (new to me) Train :-)