Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bum Pad on Rocker Fender

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009 | 12:24 PM
240rear
|
Advanced
Default Bum Pad on Rocker Fender

Hi
Has anyone put the "Bikers Friend" http://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/fenderguard.htm, Deluxe bag pad wich can be used as a passenger seat on the fender of a Rocker or Rocker C
I have a Rocker C with a Danny Gray seat on it and am looking for a cheap alternative to changing the seat back to stock to carry a passenger.
Will the fender hold the weight of a passenger?
I realize that the passenger will in effect be riding a hardtail but it doesn't happen very often and it would only be for a short ride.
Any input appreciated

Attached Thumbnails Bum Pad on Rocker Fender-copy-of-my-rocker-2.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009 | 03:17 PM
ThunderRock63
Cruiser

Owners manual says to not put a passenger on the fender

Old 06-29-2009 | 01:32 AM
davidbrinknyc
2nd Gear

On my rocker I have a Danny Grey with a passenger seat that attaches with suction-cups. The ride is hard and the passenger pegs are little higher than usual. Other than that its fine. Plus, it looks much better that the stock seat.

Old 06-29-2009 | 05:46 AM
rubiconMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by davidbrinknyc
On my rocker I have a Danny Grey with a passenger seat that attaches with suction-cups. The ride is hard and the passenger pegs are little higher than usual. Other than that its fine. Plus, it looks much better that the stock seat.
You need to have someone video you riding two up like that. Thats got to be a wild ride back there on that fender!! I can see doing it on a fixed fender but not on that moving fender.

Old 06-29-2009 | 11:24 AM
Ruralmed
Road Captain

Holy crap riding that rear fender would be harsh. HD measured 100g of force on the rear fender when mounted to the swing arm. I've hit a few bumps that make my wife and I feel like we are riding a rigid. I think a pad on the fender would be worse than a rigid. But, if you like short girls maybe it's ok, that 100g of force is sure to compact some vertebrae.

Old 06-29-2009 | 11:30 AM
yankeeflyer72
Road Captain

Way back when, we used to call those a "P" pad. Good for keepin' the 'Ol Lady entertained with the vibration from the 'Ol Panhead....

The following users liked this post:
Cronus402 (06-08-2019)
Old 06-29-2009 | 12:19 PM
rockerheadsteve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by 240rear
Hi
Has anyone put the "Bikers Friend" http://www.bikersfriend.com/pages/fenderguard.htm, Deluxe bag pad wich can be used as a passenger seat on the fender of a Rocker or Rocker C
I have a Rocker C with a Danny Gray seat on it and am looking for a cheap alternative to changing the seat back to stock to carry a passenger.
Will the fender hold the weight of a passenger?
I realize that the passenger will in effect be riding a hardtail but it doesn't happen very often and it would only be for a short ride.
Any input appreciated
Geeezz, ya'll would actually let someone sit on your fender? With only two bolts holding it on at the swingarm. It would have to collapse on top of the tire, with where its mounted how could it possibly stand the weight? Simply an amazing question.

Old 06-29-2009 | 01:30 PM
layne01
Cruiser

What does common sense mean?

Old 06-29-2009 | 01:49 PM
240rear
|
Advanced

Got any pics?

Old 03-07-2015 | 12:24 AM
BigSully
6th Gear

ya I thought you would need fender struts or braces off the swing arm to do that sounds sketchy

Quick Reply: Bum Pad on Rocker Fender