Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Bagger Deluxe UPDATE!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:42 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the street glide rear facia fits without any modding. it will fit most softail fenders. you just have to buy the facia either painted or primed. harley sells them both ways. I got the primed version because I did not want the holes for antennas.
below is a part list for the entire facia but you only need the first 3
the light is not the stock tri-bar light found on a streetglide. the stock one is only running lights the upgrade is running plus brake and is much brighter.
the 3rd part is the peice that goes on the other side of the fender. you have to drill 3 holes on each side for screws. or you can use 3M tale on the whole thing like a friend did (no drilling) it is a plastic peice and ways next to nothering. when you get the facia and you put it up to your fender commen sense kicks in on the best way to attatch it to your fender.

Originally Posted by J
That look great. Nice and clean. I recently did something similar to my Fatboy using the baggertail and RK Custom leather bags. I really want to get a set of stretched hard bags now. Does the SG fender extention fit without mods? How does it attach? That piece brings the whole thing together and it's the one thing I don't like about mine.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:46 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

you noticed the missing plate.....
I fu$%^ up and got the deluxe turn signal bar instead of the streetglide version. the FLHX has a plate holder. I will have to get it soon ridding now without a plate for now and will continue to do so until I can save enough money on ezpass tolls to pay for the new lightbar..heehee

Originally Posted by oct1949
RAAAAa; looks good, actually better than I though it would,,,,Really good job.
1 ?? wheres the plated.. did I miss them..

Old 06-25-2009, 11:54 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

I came so close to going the roadking custom bag route, but the roadking emblem look like it would leave a mark when removed

Originally Posted by J
That look great. Nice and clean. I recently did something similar to my Fatboy using the baggertail and RK Custom leather bags. I really want to get a set of stretched hard bags now. Does the SG fender extention fit without mods? How does it attach? That piece brings the whole thing together and it's the one thing I don't like about mine.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:16 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

NICEY!!!

Old 06-26-2009, 08:54 AM
J
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by raaaaaa
I came so close to going the roadking custom bag route, but the roadking emblem look like it would leave a mark when removed

It leaves an imprint of the old bags as you can see in my pics. I've been looking for another emblem roughly the same size to cover this up but I haven't found anything yet.

Attached Thumbnails Fatboy Bagger Deluxe UPDATE!-bags-005.jpg   Fatboy Bagger Deluxe UPDATE!-bags-023.jpg  
Old 06-28-2009, 10:14 PM
Driften
Cruiser

I love the look! Great Job

Old 06-28-2009, 10:37 PM
icdred
Advanced

I have a clean heritage front fender and a set of hard bags that are being painted as we speak that I am going to be putting on my fatboy next week....glad to see some pictures to know what I can expect! Looks awesome, and I cant wait for mine to be done!

Old 06-28-2009, 10:38 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Nice job. Here's a plate holder that attaches to lightbar bolts that might work for you.

http://www.jpcycles.com/Search/Produ...results=10&No=

Old 06-29-2009, 06:15 PM
brillopat883
Advanced

Are those bags detachable at will? I have been toying with selling my 08 deluxe for a street glide because of bags, i love my stripped down deluxe but would love some room to carry some stuff. It really stinks on those days here when it will be 80 at the end of the ride but it is 57 at the start. Carrying the ole' coat kinda stinks!! Plus some tunes wouldn't hurt either!!

Old 06-29-2009, 08:13 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

the bags come off just like the bags from a roadking do. they are mounted the same way

Quick Reply: Fatboy Bagger Deluxe UPDATE!