Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pissed at my dealer!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Angry pissed at my dealer!!!!!!

I call my dealer and ask about lowering bolts installation quote,I explain to the dude what I got he said no problem bring the bike in it will be 1.5 hr around 130$ to 150$,so I went to day the lady at service dpt sign me up the dude come out and look at the bolts he said no problem,bike went in I hang out for about 2hrs than I come back and ask if the job is going o.k,lady went back and she said he finishing up wont be long,so I hang another hr,and no sign of my bike,so I ask the lady again,she went back in the shop to check out,this time the answer was,this job turned out to longer than we aspect is gonna be SEVEREL MORE HRS,she start telling me that the in-tired swing arm must come out to complete this job,hmmm,I am like so you are not going to charged me for all this time are you? she goes if hi finish the job yes,so keep in mine already 3hrs and several more...??????I am like nononono lady you are not going to do that because I will not pay for that,sound like to me the tec don't know what he is doing,than I said just put my bike together in stock form and I will be on my way out and ain't paying for no good tec!!!!!!so after that she went back to talk to her boss and come back with O.K WEE WILL PUT THE BIKE TOGETHER AND NO CHARGE FOR YOU SORRY FOR YOUR TIME,another 2hrs and I was on my way home with stock ride height......I was pissed!!!! for the time I was waiting I talk to some other people that have their bikes for service thy was all pissed taking to long and overcharging.
I will never take my bike in a dealer again F&$% them dirty rat good for nothing HD tecs!!!!!!!.....

Old 06-20-2009, 08:54 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

At least you are smart enough to see that. How many other people think this is all normal to have the HD boning experience and don't give it a second thought. I would think, just like the auto industry there is a flat rate for service and r&r parts. How else can they come up with quotes on labour and be fair about it? Key word here is fair.
Like you, they will never see my bike.
Ron

Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,257 Likes on 4,784 Posts

I was looking at Indians yesterday. Salesman said they have been selling better than expected and (don't know if true but this is what he said) many of their customers are coming from H-D due to dissatisfaction with the MOCO and their dealer network.

I have stuck with Harley through thick and thin and will continue to do so but have not been happy with the way they are doing business lately.

They need to take a look back in history and see what put the original Indian Motorcycle Co out of business.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:32 PM
speedsnice
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's bull, they need to hire brighter people at the stealers.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:44 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedsnice
That's bull, they need to hire brighter people at the stealers.
They might start out smart, but all the factory training and back room meetings eventually destroys the brain cells. Ever notice the mantality is about the same in any HD dealerships?
Ron

Old 06-20-2009, 09:44 PM
SavannahBob
Tourer

My dealer has a big board behind the service writer's counter with various costs displayed. X amount for 1000 service, X amount for tire changes, etc.
Not every dealer is out to get you.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:52 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I love my Harley, I hate the dealer culture that surrounds them.

"Hello, sir, welcome to _________ Harley Davidson. And what can you do for us today?"

Old 06-20-2009, 10:18 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

good 4 you gettin it outta there
go buy service manual 60 bucks
goto sears/snap on wherever and buy some tools
this forum is an awesome tool as well
dealer can kiss my tyookas lol
BARLEY GOOD TO EVEN SELL CHROME HAHAHAHA

Old 06-20-2009, 10:23 PM
url8
Road Master

SASH sorry to hear the problem you had with your dealer...that sucks. I gotta say though..not all dealers are like that. Have bought 4 bikes from my dealer and I trust those guys 100%. Too bad there are so many bad experiences out there!!

Old 06-20-2009, 10:41 PM
raaaaaa
Road Master

I don't under stand? every procedure is calculated by the computer. if they take longer that is on them not you.....

Quick Reply: pissed at my dealer!!!!!!