Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pissed at my dealer!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 11:03 PM
WFA
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sash, sounds like you got a bum rap at your dealer. As i said in my previous notes on this subject, i installed my own "bolts" for $25 and a $10 home made press. It only took a couple of hours real time. I did not have to remove the swing arm although it is a tight squeez. Sounds like your tech doesn't know s... From nothing. Try another dealer, indy of do it yourself. Good luck!!

Last edited by WFA; 06-20-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Xuallus
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow man, that sucks... find yourself a good indie, or start wrenching your own. Remove the whole swingarm? wow

Old 06-20-2009, 11:19 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The dealer's attitude toward customer service has turned me off since day 1. I love my bike, but can't stand talking to a service or parts guy. I don't like the idea of ever taking my bike to another dealer.

If anyone knows a competent indy in Dallas/Fort Worth or surrounding areas, please let me know.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:14 AM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member

Sash, that really sucks. Glad you got out of there before they stuck it in too deep. Kudos to you for seeing that coming. So far, my dealer has treated me good. Service and parts dept as well. However, I too plan on doing my own service and mods as well in future. Like the others have said, get your own manual and tools, then you can really take pride in your machine.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:19 AM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

thanks for the replays guys,now I am not saying that all dealers are like that but this one sucks *****,here is for the Michigan members BIKER BOB IN TAYLOR avoid if you can,thy really sucks,and I was not the only pissed guy yesterday,I spoke with several riders that have their bikes in there,thy all was not happy with the service......

Old 06-21-2009, 06:44 AM
BigJoeNY
Tourer

I don't care if the bike is brand new. If you are not handy with the wrench, find yourself a good neighborhood bike mechanic that comes to you or works out of his shop or home. Don't know one? ...ask around... trust me, every neck of the woods has an excellent person that works on bikes out of a garage or small shop.... and word of mouth is the best representation/advertisement. Future conversations with bikers should always include, "who works on your bike"?
Dealer for warranty and even that's scary.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BigJoeNY
I don't care if the bike is brand new. If you are not handy with the wrench, find yourself a good neighborhood bike mechanic that comes to you or works out of his shop or home. Don't know one? ...ask around... trust me, every neck of the woods has an excellent person that works on bikes out of a garage or small shop.... and word of mouth is the best representation/advertisement. Future conversations with bikers should always include, "who works on your bike"?
Dealer for warranty and even that's scary.
dude I am a aircraft machinist,I am good wrencher,but I didn't fill like doing this at this time,so I said I'll take the bike for a ride the dealer was about 65 miles away and I'll get that done for a couple hrs wail I check some staff out and ride the bike after that some more,but at didn't worked out that way....

Old 06-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sash, I took mine to work on the weekend so I could use the press, it took me about 1 1/2 hours. Given that, I would say the backyard wrench they had working on your bike needs to go back to school, friggen losers.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:56 AM
66cruiser
Road Warrior

Received 127 Likes on 86 Posts

Not much difference between car & bike dealers. Get the service manual, some tools & only go to a dealer for warranty work. As has been said, if you can't or don't feel like doing the work, find a good independent mechanic. If you somehow feel that it's necessary to go to the dealer service department, Smile, Take it up the ***, & don't complain.

Old 06-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They put the lowliest oil change kid on the job and he couldnt hang maybe?

Or a retard?

Thats not a hard job.

Removing the swongarm? Thats madness.

Do it up yerself Sasha or go find a good Indy who dosent scratch bikes and is insured!!

Quick Reply: pissed at my dealer!!!!!!