Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibrating Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:23 AM
harley_nova
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys, Thanks for all your help and suggestions.
I have made an app't to have it looked and to have the 8000km service done. They said they were going to hook it up to their diagnostic machine and check things out.
I am crossing my fingers they find the problem.

I will post the results of that app't when I get'r back.

Cheers,

Old 06-20-2009, 01:10 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by harley_nova
Hey Guys, I just ran the Diagnostic check and it came up as none. But when I pressed the button again to see if there was anything else this came up: Pn 32919-07A. A Harley part number I presume. So I looked on the Harley site, no luck. Tried looking in the parts catalogue, no luck there.
I checked my codes also and got an 02sensor code followed by the same pn# you got. Makes me think the pn thing is just some generic hd code and doesn't mean anything far as troubleshooting goes.

My symptoms of intermittent stalling are consistent with an 02 problem so I think I might be on the right track. Will erase the code and see if it returns. Mine is still under warranty also so I may be paying a visit to my dealer.

Chaz was right, checking the code wasn't as hard as it looked.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:52 PM
harley_nova
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Jim, Mine almost stalled out on me that one time to. The idle was so low it just about did. Starting to think that is my problem. I wonder if this a common problem with 07-08 Softail models.

Mine didn't get any code which I found odd, because there is definitely something wrong with it.
Hopefully that is what it is and nothing major.

If you get in before the 3rd, let me know how you make out.

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
I checked my codes also and got an 02sensor code followed by the same pn# you got. Makes me think the pn thing is just some generic hd code and doesn't mean anything far as troubleshooting goes.

My symptoms of intermittent stalling are consistent with an 02 problem so I think I might be on the right track. Will erase the code and see if it returns. Mine is still under warranty also so I may be paying a visit to my dealer.

Chaz was right, checking the code wasn't as hard as it looked.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:06 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by harley_nova
Hey Jim, Mine almost stalled out on me that one time to. The idle was so low it just about did. Starting to think that is my problem. I wonder if this a common problem with 07-08 Softail models.

Mine didn't get any code which I found odd, because there is definitely something wrong with it.
Hopefully that is what it is and nothing major.

If you get in before the 3rd, let me know how you make out.
Will do, though I would think you'd be throwing a code for it also.

Mine's been doing it for some time, over a year probably, more so lately. Pull the clutch in, rpms drop and it stalls. Get back on later and it runs like a clock for days at a time. Then acts up again when you least expect it.

Found some interesting info about a reported issue with Hd's 02 sensors:http://tuneyourharley.com/biketech/c...davidson-bikes