Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vibrating Issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 02:18 PM
harley_nova
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha I hope your joking!!

They have Walmarts all over this Province. It's where everybody shops.

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
They have Wal-Marts in Nova Scotia now?

Old 06-18-2009, 04:39 PM
harley_nova
Tourer

Hey Guys, I just ran the Diagnostic check and it came up as none. But when I pressed the button again to see if there was anything else this came up: Pn 32919-07A. A Harley part number I presume. So I looked on the Harley site, no luck. Tried looking in the parts catalogue, no luck there.

I googled it and got this from another forum:
I have a 2008 FXDC. Check engine light came on while running hard in fifth gear then went out. Ran the diagnostic test and came up with a couple codes relating to the TPS.(p0122-p0123) The bike gave me a part # 32919-07a. I called the dealer to order the part thinking it was a new TPS. Dealer said that part # does not exist. Part # for a TPS is 27659-06. Anyone have any ideas why the bike would be giving me a part # the dealer doesn't have?
Except I didn't get any codes like this guy did.

So I googled TPS and got this:
Looking for anyone that has experienced problems with the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) going out of adjustment and needing to be reset or failed O2 Sensor on 07's. I am experiencing slight hesitation/delay in throttle response and I've been told that I my TPS may have gone out of adjustment. If the TPS is not out of adjustment, I should look at a possible O2 sensor failure???

This was a reply to that:
The diagnostic codes only tell you what is malfunctioning by posting a code for the part itself. That part number you got pertains to the system itself, not the malfunctioning part. The TPS runs about $47

What does this all mean? I did replace my hand grips and I did install the mufflers myself. Would this have anything to with it?

Thanks,

Ryan

Old 06-18-2009, 04:47 PM
Z06_Pilot
Tourer

if you have your original mufflers back on, this should be handled under the 2 year UL mileage factory warranty, no questions asked.

there is no way slip-ons would/should cause this problem. slip-ons with no other mods do not dictate an ECM recalibration at all.

I have the same bike, and I couldn't get it back to the dealer fast enough if I was in your position.

Old 06-18-2009, 05:13 PM
harley_nova
Tourer
Default Photo of Spark Plugs

Hey Guys, Here is a photo of my spark plugs.

What do you all think?

Old 06-18-2009, 08:09 PM
harley_nova
Tourer

Bump!!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:15 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Plugs are lean and normal for am unmolested stocker. EPA friendly factory Moco aint gonna give you a tan plug....Not til' you buy a fuel management system.

Take bike to dealer. Its broken. No good. Its not an old Evo that you can dick with the carb....You paid good money for your Harley. The cost of fixing some chit is built into that big price tag.

Use em' up Nova!!

Old 06-18-2009, 08:29 PM
rbabos
Banned
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It's like this. If it's running that rich with black smoke you are washing oil off your cylinders and slowly trashing them. Needs to be hooked up to a digital tech at the dealer to fine the cause as soon as possible. Most likely as sensor issue, and nothing you have done for mods. Not sure about the Delphi but with tmax if the tps is out of adjustment the postions don't line up with the rpms on the maps and it will give the wrong afrs. Could be the same thing going on.
Ron

Old 06-18-2009, 10:39 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

I believe Harley west of indy did a lot of Rush pipes only and I have never heard of any problem from that..

Old 06-19-2009, 07:16 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the rush will lower the tq some and raise the upper speed. seems like there is more going on and the dealer should fix it free

Last edited by tk353; 06-19-2009 at 07:20 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:27 PM
bensonjv
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Concur. I think you have confirmed this is not due to anything you have done and is some internal problem. Let the dealer know the details you found when you looked for codes with all details of symptoms and go from there. Hopefully its a simple fix and you are rolling again soon.

Quick Reply: Vibrating Issue