Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage vs. Ultra Classic

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 08:22 AM
SHTFIT
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why not a Road King Classic? Kinda the best of both worlds, IMO.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:32 AM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,664 Likes on 946 Posts

This is one of those "should I marry the blond or the redhead" type questions.

You don't need any justification from anybody (maybe your wife) to go from Ultra to Heritage. You'll be losing a lot of capability (to say nothing of money) making the change. But, if a Heritage suits your needs, and you won't miss the features that some describe as "bells and whistles" go ahead.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:54 AM
fatboyartie
Intermediate
Talking

hey brother,
i recently traded in my 07 Fatboy for a 09 Heritage classic.My intent was to get an Electra Glide Standard.I test drove a Road Glide,Ultra Classic and a Road King.Immediatley after the Road King I took out the Heritage.I guess i had a totally different idea of how the touring bikes rode.I really didn't like them as much as the heritage.MY personal choice.Everyone can choose what they wish to ride and that is the beauty of it all.Theres no right or wrong, choose the one you feel.

Previously Fatboyartie
Now Heritageartie

Old 06-18-2009, 10:59 AM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When I was deciding on which bike to buy, I didn't think I would be riding as much as I do. I'm from rainy Seattle, but moved to Arizona before buying this bike. Well I've put 30,000 on her in 16 months.. I love the ride and fit of my Heritage but was always a little envious of the Ultra Classics while on longer rides. I ended up buying a fairing with stereo and am now happy.. The best part is I can remove the fairing in less than a minute if I want for in town riding but to be honest I rarely take it off I like it so much.. I really get compliments on it too.. I guess you could call it the best of both worlds. In two weeks I'm riding 4 thousand miles from south east Arizona through CA, OR and WA and back. It will be much more enjoyable with the fairing and tunes for sure!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:19 AM
barjbar
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I understand how you feel. My Heritage just feels like a lean back, relax, and cruise motorcycle. The Heritage is just more fun. On the other hand, on long rides my Road King is a lot more comfortible. So I'm lucky to have the best of both worlds.

Old 06-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Solitaree1
Road Master

ummm surely you realize that not everyone has the same tastes? so why not trade the UC for the Heritage? Some people like sports cars, some luxury cars...it's what makes life interesting.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:59 PM
fishcop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ultra to a heritage

Well, I traded my 07 ultra for a 09 heritage and just returned from a 5500+ cross country trip on it and I wouldn't trade the heritage for anything. Most "friend" thought I was crazy to trade the ultra but as one poster said ride what you want, screw everyone else.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:21 PM
Mr. Wizard
Club Member
Received 2,043 Likes on 1,105 Posts

Just another swing at it here.

Bought an 07 EG that I couldn't pass up (price)... still had an 06 RK. Wasn't comfortable on the EG but wanted to try. Friend came over and asked me if I wanted to sell the RK... damn... I had to open my mouth.. He bought it on the spot. I hate rich guys!

Never could get used to the EG weight especially 2 up. I like it on long runs but as said before, was cramped into the tank and windshield. I sat on the bike not in the bike. Next best thing for an old geezer like me was to change it so I triked it and now it's a keeper with the addition of the +2 bars. It won't fall over on me now!

But.. what about just messing around town?.. took the RK money and picked up a deal on an 05 SEFB... If I had to sell one of them right now... the trike would go. Not a Heritage but softail just the same.

To the OP... have two if you can. If not right now then do what is eating at your gut. Nobody's business but yours and Wifey. Then enjoy!

Old 06-18-2009, 05:52 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, RK Classic will be my next bike.......Nope, not selling my Heritage either!

Old 06-18-2009, 06:21 PM
00slowrider
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Sleeko Deluxe
Ride what you like. Screw everyone else.
..yeah, what he said. you'll be the one payin the note on it, so get what you'll be the happiest w/. having said that, i'm very happy w/my heritage

Attached Thumbnails Heritage vs. Ultra Classic-genewilliams.jpg  

Quick Reply: Heritage vs. Ultra Classic