Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on some new rims for a Train

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:56 AM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

These are from RWW, I just wanted to give you a visual of paint option (powder coating) for a black denim bike (mate black spokes would look bitchin'). And you should consider fat spokes.

*Ok, picture them with these changes: a mate black rim and white spoke nuts, same mate black spokes and white center.

Mimo.

Attached Thumbnails Advice on some new rims for a Train-rwwbnw.jpg  

Last edited by mimo; 06-18-2009 at 06:59 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:39 AM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeff, congrats on a great job gettng those darn DNA's to work on late model softy's.

You would would probably do a great service to those who are trying to decide on these wheels, by giving a detailed description of the spacer dimensions and help de-mystify the fitting of the rear wheel. A few pics would really help too.

I would suggest starting a new thread and title it accordingly so it will pop up easy on a search.

Good job bro ! Now its time to ride and enjoy those new rollers.

Old 06-18-2009, 08:45 AM
jkeeton81
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mimo, your giving me a hardon

Old 06-18-2009, 05:32 PM
Jeffs FRC
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 09_NightRider
Got Pic's of it installed ?
Love to see that I can get a spoke rear wheel for the 09 train.
where did you get the spacers, or did you make them ?
I actually went to my dealer to see if they had a spacer kit or something I could use. They did not so the parts guy just gave me a 2"+ factory spacer that I could cut up and add on to my existing spacers. Here is a pic I just took. There will be more later but I gotta get the bike to my buddy who is gonna wire my new carlini bars.

Originally Posted by Carmell RKC
Jeff, congrats on a great job gettng those darn DNA's to work on late model softy's.

You would would probably do a great service to those who are trying to decide on these wheels, by giving a detailed description of the spacer dimensions and help de-mystify the fitting of the rear wheel. A few pics would really help too.

I would suggest starting a new thread and title it accordingly so it will pop up easy on a search.

Good job bro ! Now its time to ride and enjoy those new rollers.
Thanks Carmell. I will make a thread, but unfortunately I dont have the exact spacer sizes I needed...just what I had to add on. Honestly though, I think anybody with any kind of mechanical knowledge and a little common sense can figure out how to get this wheel mounted up no problem. Like I said very minor spacer adjustment.

When I get the bike back with the new bars Ill take some good pics and start a thread.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
mstng5point0
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I was thinkin. What about a factory xbones wheel? Would that bolt right up no problem?

Old 06-22-2009, 12:16 AM
ScReaMnEagLE22
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribed ....

Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Rick101285
Tourer

That looks awesome I am planning on doing the same swap on my 06 fxst. What year is that bike Jeff? Do you think I will have to play around will the wheel spacers on my 06 also? Thanks

Old 04-11-2010, 11:16 AM
BigJerm7
6th Gear

I bought a 18"x5.5 60 spoke from Mototek off ebay for $300 shipped. Told them it was for an 07 Nighttrain. 2 weeks later the wheel arrived from DNA and I took it to my local indy to have it mounted. Long story short the hub was too wide and when you bolted the pulley up it hit the swingarm. Emailed mototek and told them it was the wrong hub and gave them the part #. They said it was the wrong wheel and they'd get back with me. They do not get in any big hurry and usually takes them a day or two to answer a question. Every day they were going to get back with me "first thing in the morning" for prepaid shipping to send them back the wheel. They wouldn't send me a new one until I sent the other one back, but they were very very slow on getting the ball rolling so I finally just told them to give me an address because I was tired of waiting and I would pay shipping. The wheel got there and it was another 2 weeks before I got the right wheel. It wasn't a direct bolt up, but my Indy made some new spacers and had to put a pulley spacer on too. All said and done it was over a month and a half before I got the right wheel. The price was unbeatable though, and if you feel like putting up with the headache it's worth it. It's a big gamble, some people get the right wheel out of the box, some people have to mess with the crap. I waited to leave feedback until the wheel was mounted up and I rode it down the street. The wheel looks awesome and the quality is great, however, the customer service is horrible.

Attached Thumbnails Advice on some new rims for a Train-nt.jpg   Advice on some new rims for a Train-nt3.jpg