Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocker C Questions/Mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 AM
lims
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Rocker C Questions/Mods

Hello all, first post here; wonderful forum and wanted to tap into the hude knowledge base here...

First off, does anyone know of a chrome ignition/coil housing for the Rocker C?

Secondly when installing the side mounted licence plate how easy is the removal of the old plate? does it involve the complete removal of the rear fender in order to access the nuts?

Finally I want to drop the front fender down closer to the tire, was thinking of ovalling out the existing mounting holes on the stock fender so I can drop it down a little.

Look forward to all the comments and suggestions

Old 06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

The old plate comes off easy...Yes you have to remove the fender, but it's no big deal. I had the holes on my rear fender welded up, paint blended, and another coat of clear put over the whole fender. Use the search function...You'll see all sorts of things done to Rockers on here!

Old 06-15-2009, 02:09 PM
speedsnice
Tourer

I did not remove my rear fender I just removed the 4 bolts and lifted the fender a bit to gain access to the nuts. If you are interested in a side mount for the plate PM me I have a chrome one for sale with chrome LED plate frame.

Here is a pic of the bike with the plate mount on it.

here is a current pic of the bike.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:34 PM
Joe What
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

alll the above and as far as the front fender... Toss it out and put on a new if you can afford it.. I dont see how much more you can drop the frnt fender by simply ovalig out the holes... but worth a try.. good luck

Old 06-15-2009, 03:55 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lims
Hello all, first post here; wonderful forum and wanted to tap into the hude knowledge base here...

First off, does anyone know of a chrome ignition/coil housing for the Rocker C?

Secondly when installing the side mounted licence plate how easy is the removal of the old plate? does it involve the complete removal of the rear fender in order to access the nuts?

Finally I want to drop the front fender down closer to the tire, was thinking of ovalling out the existing mounting holes on the stock fender so I can drop it down a little.

Look forward to all the comments and suggestions
I will try to answer your questions in order:
  1. Does anyone know of a chrome ignition/coil housing for the Rocker C? I am not aware of anyone who makes a chrome ignition/coil housing at this time.
  2. When installing the side mounted licence plate how easy is the removal of the old plate? Does it involve the complete removal of the rear fender in order to access the nuts?
    • It is very easy to remove the license plate assembly.
    • You do have to remove the rear fender, but this to is very easy. You will need to re-route the wire for plate light and brake light to the side-mount plate.
  3. I want to drop the front fender down closer to the tire, was thinking of ovalling out the existing mounting holes on the stock fender so I can drop it down a little. I believe if you try to drop the fender down in this manner it will be close at the center of the fender, but stick out further at either end as the radius for the wheel and the fender would be different. As an experiment cut out to circles one a little larger then the other, place the smaller circle on top of the larger and move it up or down and see what happensto the clearances,

The last one I could be wrong about, but check it out.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:14 PM
BuckeyeBiker
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer08
I will try to answer your questions in order:
*You do have to remove the rear fender, but this to is very easy. You will need to re-route the wire for plate light and brake light to the side-mount plate.
Is this hard to do? How/where do you reroute it?

Old 06-15-2009, 05:07 PM
speedsnice
Tourer

I cut the wire for the plate light and re-routed it from the harness under the seat to the plate mount.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:18 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckeyeBiker
Is this hard to do? How/where do you reroute it?
I pulled the wire through the fender and re-routed it along the bottom of the swing arm (this is the running light, brake light and plate light wire).

Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
BuckeyeBiker
Cruiser

Thanks, guys....

Old 06-16-2009, 12:07 AM
austinharley
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jason628
Greetings,
I had the holes on my rear fender welded up, paint blended, and another coat of clear put over the whole fender.
I'm curious what the cost is to have that done.

Quick Reply: Rocker C Questions/Mods