Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

missouri helmet law?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 12:37 PM
dub976
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
I don't think that's completely correct. I think if you're under twenty-one you still have to wear one, and possibly if you're riding on a permit, not fully endorsed.
no it is correct. no helmets at all. it's your choice from the time you can get a permit. we almost had it pass here this year that would require us to wear them but it got veto'd. you don't even need to wear glassed here in IL as long as you have a windshield on the bike.

I'm against "the man" telling what I have to wear when riding but I do always wear my helmet anyways, it saved my live. in fact if I wasn't using a full face helmet I would be dead. my face shield took all the impact. the curb didn't crack it but even a half helmet wouldn't have done me any good anyways.

I do think that they should make everyone who owns a scooter (249 cc and under, no m class needed to ride) have a helmet. I'm sick of having my insurance go up every year cause these trendy people with no riding exp. decide to ride with shorts and flip flops...... yea I'm talking to you soccer mom that almost crashed into my truck when you tried to put your foot down, broke your flip flop, slipped and wacked the throttle. she was ok but I can't say the same for her scoot.

sorry for the rant