Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need an Indy in my area

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009 | 02:30 PM
heavypic
|
Tourer
Default Need an Indy in my area

Hey Gang,

04 Fat Boy here...many of you probably read my ongoing problems with my bike. I lost all confidence in local HD dealers/mechanics. I'm looking for recommendations for indy mechanics in Bucks County or Montgomery County, PA, who know Harleys.

A couple of you responded previously (Thanks!) with names of indy's in Ephrata and Bethlehem, PA, but those locations are 1+ hour drive from my residence.

Coming up on a year now that this bike has been down and out...

Thanks all...

Old 06-11-2009 | 02:32 PM
Scout
Seasoned HDF Member

An hour ride to find a good wrench is nothing. Plus when it's running right, the ride home will be with a huge smile.

Joe

Old 06-11-2009 | 02:59 PM
Dlish
Cruiser

Lucky Charm Choppers in Norristown Pa.
610 275 9200

Don and Duncan are stand up and know their sh+t

Last edited by Dlish; 06-11-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2009 | 09:59 AM
heavypic
|
Tourer

Dlish,

Thanks for the referral. I spoke with Don. He sounds like a good guy. I'll check them out...

Regards
AlbertG

Old 06-15-2009 | 10:02 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by albertgiancarli
Hey Gang,

04 Fat Boy here...many of you probably read my ongoing problems with my bike. I lost all confidence in local HD dealers/mechanics. I'm looking for recommendations for indy mechanics in Bucks County or Montgomery County, PA, who know Harleys.

A couple of you responded previously (Thanks!) with names of indy's in Ephrata and Bethlehem, PA, but those locations are 1+ hour drive from my residence.

Coming up on a year now that this bike has been down and out...

Thanks all...
I live just outside of Philly (Levittown) and I use Throttle City for all of my tuning and engine work.
http://www.throttle-city.com/

Old 06-15-2009 | 10:28 AM
BuckeyeBiker
Cruiser

Anyone know of any good ones in/around Columbus, Ohio?

Old 06-15-2009 | 11:05 AM
smitbrad
Tourer

Have you checked out Crossroads in Allentown?
http://www.crossroadsharley-davidson...ler/index.html

Old 06-15-2009 | 11:09 AM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by smitbrad
Have you checked out Crossroads in Allentown?
http://www.crossroadsharley-davidson...ler/index.html
Not exactly an Indy...but they are good people.

Old 06-17-2009 | 01:28 PM
heavypic
|
Tourer

Aviscomi and Smitbrad,

Thanks for advice on Indy's. Never heard of Throttle City but their location works. I have been to Crossroads...this location works too but I don't know anything about their wrenches.

Funny thing...when I called Harley MOCO the other day. They recommended Brian's in Langhorne, PA and Barb's in Camden, NJ. They said these dealer mechanics have called the moco for advice for tough repairs in the past...a trait they rate highly....and something my dealer wouldn't do even when asked. The moco did not give me any feedback on Crossroads when I asked about them.

I assume you guys have enough experience with these shops...in other words, they can handle tough repairs and not just oil, chrome and tires.

Hey, let me know what watering hole you guys hang at. When I get my FB fixed, I'll cruise by... Used to ride regularly with a crew from S. Jersey over 3 years ago. Now looking for riders in Bucks to ride and hang with...

Thanks
AlbertG

Thanks guys

Old 06-17-2009 | 01:48 PM
aviscomi
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by albertgiancarli
Aviscomi and Smitbrad,

Thanks for advice on Indy's. Never heard of Throttle City but their location works. I have been to Crossroads...this location works too but I don't know anything about their wrenches.

Funny thing...when I called Harley MOCO the other day. They recommended Brian's in Langhorne, PA and Barb's in Camden, NJ. They said these dealer mechanics have called the moco for advice for tough repairs in the past...a trait they rate highly....and something my dealer wouldn't do even when asked. The moco did not give me any feedback on Crossroads when I asked about them.

I assume you guys have enough experience with these shops...in other words, they can handle tough repairs and not just oil, chrome and tires.

Hey, let me know what watering hole you guys hang at. When I get my FB fixed, I'll cruise by... Used to ride regularly with a crew from S. Jersey over 3 years ago. Now looking for riders in Bucks to ride and hang with...

Thanks
AlbertG

Thanks guys
Brian's HD does good work, but you'll pay out the ***. We usually ride in the Pine Barrens (NJ) and stop for refreshments at the Hedger House or Pick a Lilly

Quick Reply: Need an Indy in my area