Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Man am I glad I bought a train over a Street Glide

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Brianc9876
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Tourers definetly have their places and in my opinion the SG is pretty damn bad looking

Old 06-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hammer107
An FLHX and an FLHT are virtually identical bikes. Very little difference between the two.

Pullback risers doesn't sound like much but it makes a big difference in how your bike feels.....just like a 40 dollar windshield would make a big difference in the SG.
The only differences are one is a couple thousand less and has a better windsheild and suspension,also comes in black denim.

it lacks the radio, but I bet I can get one of those with the couple thousand I saved not buying a SG.

And to think the Road Glide is being dropped.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:14 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

wow ill make sure i remember this

Old 06-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Hammer107
Road Master

Originally Posted by Mark g
The only differences are one is a couple thousand less and has a better windsheild and suspension,also comes in black denim.

it lacks the radio, but I bet I can get one of those with the couple thousand I saved not buying a SG.

And to think the Road Glide is being dropped.
The Black Denim I agree with....but it also has a cast engine and is HORRID looking against the black denim. It also has a lot of nasty looking trim pieces etc...if you like that then by all means roll with it but I think the Electra Glides are hideous looking.

My point is...that it is essentially the same bike as the SG that everyone is bashing. Everyone likes what they like, nothing wrong with that...but too many zipperheads post things that are simply not true and it confuses anyone who reads a thread later on.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would like to cop a ride on a modded out SG.

I really wonder what the extra Ummph and lopwering the bike another 1" or so all around would make it feel like?

I was so jealous of Hammer buying one last week that I made a point to go demo one again just to see what I may have missed the first time!

I think I'm too used to being all stretched out and ghetto on my Train.

I felt funny on the glide. Everything was in the wrong place, combined with the odd vibrations and lack of power confused me and sent me back to the dealer 3 miles into a 10 mile ride...

Oddly though I demoed the Heritage and was instantly happy, albeit still without any power.

Deluxe would be my choice just cuz' I'm so used to the sloptail experience.

Its a familiar happy place for me aboard a slopper.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:39 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I chose my Deluxe over a Street Glide, however, I test rode the Street Glide and it felt very stable and smooth to me. Felt like it was floating across the pavement. I can't say I loved it but I also can't say I hated it. I was just thinking, if I decide to go to full-fledged touring bike, I will go Ultra-Classic and keep the Deluxe for my local rides....

Old 06-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Mark g
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hammer107
The Black Denim I agree with....but it also has a cast engine and is HORRID looking against the black denim. It also has a lot of nasty looking trim pieces etc...if you like that then by all means roll with it but I think the Electra Glides are hideous looking.

My point is...that it is essentially the same bike as the SG that everyone is bashing. Everyone likes what they like, nothing wrong with that...but too many zipperheads post things that are simply not true and it confuses anyone who reads a thread later on.
The only Zipperhead in this thread seem's to be you. get this, The SG I rode today was a POS. it looked Cool and I tried to like it. I was instantly thinking how to talk the OL into letting me park one in the garage, Then I rode it!

Sorry it pisses you off so that I didn't like it, but it is what it is......

Old 06-10-2009, 11:35 PM
jasperpso
Cruiser

i hated the one i rode too.. you are not alone

Old 06-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The SG can certainly be a weird feeling bike after being on a Sloptail for many miles....

In defense of my boy Hammer he is a guy who has spent a few miles on a brutally fast slammed in the weeds Train who was just looking for something different of not almost the polar opposite.

I think a taller guy would absolutely need to tweak a few things to feel at home in that tight cockpit and the power hunfry rider wouldnt be happy until he juiced it up a bit as they arent gonna win any drag races in stock form but then again what big twin will for that matter??

The Glide isnt for me but I will quickly conceed that if I were looking for something sooper stylish with what has to be the best resale in the entire lineup I would try awfully hard to fall in love and stay there.

Hammer is a stand-up dude. He aint no Zipperhead he just felt something some of us didnt feel.

Lucky fvck now has not only a new Glide but a nasty fearsome stroker motor Train with air ride!!

No need to bash our fellow Softails owners. Hammer is solid folk.

Old 06-11-2009, 01:04 AM
PaleRearEnd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I owned an 09 Road Glide for 2 months...

things I liked about it..

Cruise
Bags
Radio
comfort on long rides
brakes
6 spd
rims/tires

things I didn't like about it...
WEIGHT... OMG I thought I was driving a semi!!
ease of mobility (in and out of the garage/parking spaces and so on..)
gutless
stock speakers sucked and cd player skipped all over the place
throttle by wire (that really sucks, 2 months never got used it)
quiet (even after SE slipons-banned epa models as well)
pain in the *** to wash (takes 3x longer to clean)
top heavy
cheesy hand control to work the extra crap
junk low *** bars
$20,000 hovering over my head..
dealer has to do cpu upgrades after any modes are done... efi and HD don't mix!

I did like it overall though, if I could have shaved 150 lbs off of it i would have kept it and made it mine...but I love my carbed 02 flstc. There isn't one thing on that bike i can't fix

what I do find very funny, is that people bitch about wind on a motorcycle... everytime I see a thread I LAUGH MY *** OFF!!! It's a motorcycle, you're supposed to have wind.. or at least I thought that was the whole point of having a bike! IMHO..

Quick Reply: Man am I glad I bought a train over a Street Glide