Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please share TTS tuner experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 03:31 PM
pearlandhd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please share TTS tuner experience

I'm looking at purchasing a TTS tuner for my stage 1 upgrade. Can you guys share your experiences with them?

Ease of use, success etc....

I've heard you can use the tuner to tune two different bikes. Have any of you guys tried that? Did it work? I'd assume you'd create two separate files and then plull and ride.

If that's the case this tuner really makes sense for me as I could use it for both bikes.

Thanks

Old 06-08-2009, 04:19 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pearlandhd
I'm looking at purchasing a TTS tuner for my stage 1 upgrade. Can you guys share your experiences with them?

Ease of use, success etc....

I've heard you can use the tuner to tune two different bikes. Have any of you guys tried that? Did it work? I'd assume you'd create two separate files and then plull and ride.

If that's the case this tuner really makes sense for me as I could use it for both bikes.

Thanks
The TTS Tuner is easy to use and yet if you want to do more gives you the ability to do so.

As far as using it on two bikes you would have to purchase 2000001 MasterTune Dual Program (2Bikes) $625, as the communications interface is coded to the bike.

Your computer must have the following minimum requirements:

Minimum Computer Requirements

MasterTune-HD requires Windows 98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista. 64-bit XP and vista are also supported. It is highly recommended that the operating system have all current Windows updates installed.

Minimum system hardware requirements:

Pentium-class PC at 400 MHz or above
Display Resolution 800 x 600 or above, 1024 x 768 recommended
Serial RS-232 Communication port or USB port depending on which cable was ordered
Memory:

Win 98/SE/ME - 64 MB
Win 2000 - 128M
Win XP – 256M
Vista - 512M
Hard Drive Space Required: 20 MB
Software:

Internet Explorer 6 or later
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0

Old 06-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

If your laptop doesn't have a serial port, make sure to buy their USB cable. Most of those you can buy in shops don't work well and give errors.

Old 06-08-2009, 07:04 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Both of your bikes are closed-loop, so you'll be able to take advantage of VTune. I love mine, in a really unhealthy way. My bike runs the way it should have when it was delivered.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:17 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

I love mine too, read the manual, its pretty interesting to learn to tune your own bike and there are plenty of resources around to help you if you need it.

Lots of info here on the forum, and I love the way my bike runs now. Took about 3 hours to calibrate my bike, but I am still fiddleing with it, just because I can.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 PM
pearlandhd
Cruiser

So If my laptop has a serial port I don't need cable? I think I'm all square on the laptop system side.

I'm trying to determine if I should bite the bullet and buy the dual tuner software. It's a few hundred more now or the full 385 later?

I've heard you can download the manual before you buy. I may do that and read up some. I want something fairly easy. I don't want to be the tuner expert :-)

Thanks for the tips and advice.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:54 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

So If my laptop has a serial port I don't need cable? I think I'm all square on the laptop system side.

I'm trying to determine if I should bite the bullet and buy the dual tuner software. It's a few hundred more now or the full 385 later?

I've heard you can download the manual before you buy. I may do that and read up some. I want something fairly easy. I don't want to be the tuner expert :-)

Thanks for the tips and advice.
Mine has a serial port too, just means you get the cheap cable.
No need to be an expert, but it does have a lot of options for you to tune. Manual is on their website, under HD calibrations I think.

The Jist of it is:
Pick your base file
Plug into bike.
Save you original set up.
Reporgram ECM with new set up.
Ride with bike plugged in collecting 'Vtune' data - it 'learns' how you bike operates while you ride.
Merge your learned file with our base calibration.
Repeat ride and merge sessions (3 in my case) until its adjusted.
Done.

Unless you want to do more...

Old 06-08-2009, 09:46 PM
pearlandhd
Cruiser

What are the rough estimations of HP and torque gains to be expected and do you have the option of setting up the data for peerformance vs gas mileage within different gears?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

What are the rough estimations of HP and torque gains to be expected and do you have the option of setting up the data for peerformance vs gas mileage within different gears?
For the first part of your question, as good as could be expected with a tune done w/o a dyno. It will really depend on your build and what it is your tuning for. I could put **** on your bike and you could expect a loss of power over stock with once your done tuning with the TTS, ya know what I mean.

You can set up your bike to be tuned more for performance or milage depending on what your looking for. But who cares about gears? What your really looking at is Load in TTS. High load is WOT, riding up hills and to a lesser extend two up with gear. That's when you want power. Steady cruse is low load, that is when you want Fuel Economy. Regardless of what gear your in. You can access all of these portions of your map with TTS.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:07 AM
tk353
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well you know what my opinion is. save some coin and look for a used t-max

Quick Reply: Please share TTS tuner experience