Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage replacement seat questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 09:28 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Heritage replacement seat questions

I've got a 2008 Heritage & am thinking about a seat replacement. After a 400 mile ride last weekend I know I need to do something. Another thing I noticed was when riding solo with my feet on the highway pegs I ride on the back edge of my seat. Attached is a pic of where the back of my butt rides.
While I'm not a tall person at 5'-8" tall & #250 It seems the most comfortable spot is way at the back edge of my seat. I'm hoping someone else has experienced this & may have a suggestion on an after-market seat that puts the rider furthur away from the handlebars & is more comfortable than the stock OEM saddle.

Thanks in advance,
Clay

Attached Thumbnails Heritage replacement seat questions-seat-pillion-backrest-bags-small-.jpg  
Old 06-05-2009, 09:30 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member
Default Pic with red arrow

Here's the pic with an arrow showing how far back I sit to be comfortable...

Attached Thumbnails Heritage replacement seat questions-my-oem-seat.jpg  
Old 06-05-2009, 10:06 PM
acchd
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 53 Posts

I ran a Mustang 15" Vintage Sport Solo w/backrest on my Fatboy and it was very comfortable to me. Based on how far back you sitting though I beleive you might need some adjustment to any seat you get. Might try adjusting you highway pegs and even your bars to see if that change your seat position some. You might consider talking to guys at Mean City Cycles and see what they could do to your existing seat and save some dough too.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:09 PM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do a search for Mustang. Best seat made for a Heritage I think.
Made a world of difference not just on the iron butt rides but even around town is way more comfortable. Wife loves the passenger seat from Mustang too.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:29 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by acchd
I ran a Mustang 15" Vintage Sport Solo w/backrest on my Fatboy and it was very comfortable to me. Based on how far back you sitting though I beleive you might need some adjustment to any seat you get. Might try adjusting you highway pegs and even your bars to see if that change your seat position some. You might consider talking to guys at Mean City Cycles and see what they could do to your existing seat and save some dough too.
Actually I just got my passenger pillion back from Allen but I just don't know if theres enough seat to work with to give me the more leg room I'm looking for. As far as adjusting my highway pegs, their most comfortable down low just above my floorboards. Yep, I'll probably be sending my seat to him for the double decker option & have him adjust the seat back as far as he can....I belive that is about 3". Tenatively, I plan on sending it toward the end of the month while we're on vacation to minimize my down time.

Thanks,
Clay

Old 06-05-2009, 10:53 PM
klaybus
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by keno
Do a search for Mustang. Best seat made for a Heritage I think.
Made a world of difference not just on the iron butt rides but even around town is way more comfortable. Wife loves the passenger seat from Mustang too.
Which seat did you go with? Any pics of youor bike with the new seat?

Old 06-06-2009, 12:10 AM
ChromeJunkie
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,197 Likes on 1,829 Posts

I have the Mustang one piece studded super touring seat on my 06 Heritage Classic. It is way more comfortable than the stock seat. It makes you sit up an inch or two higher and will also move you back a couple of inches. Here is what it looks like on my bike.

Attached Thumbnails Heritage replacement seat questions-001a.jpg   Heritage replacement seat questions-01lajitas.jpg  
Old 06-06-2009, 12:24 AM
keno
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

17" wide solo with backrest.. really nice fit. I'm not good at posting pics, but here is a link to pics of the seat on my bike:
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...hrome%20Forks/

Old 06-06-2009, 03:25 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

Here's what I did with my stock pillion to give me back support when going solo.. this is the best comfort I've gotten yet.

last one is when wife rides with me..

Last edited by oct1949; 02-14-2018 at 03:55 AM.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:06 AM
km@c
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by klaybus
I've got a 2008 Heritage & am thinking about a seat replacement. After a 400 mile ride last weekend I know I need to do something. Another thing I noticed was when riding solo with my feet on the highway pegs I ride on the back edge of my seat. Attached is a pic of where the back of my butt rides.
While I'm not a tall person at 5'-8" tall & #250 It seems the most comfortable spot is way at the back edge of my seat. I'm hoping someone else has experienced this & may have a suggestion on an after-market seat that puts the rider furthur away from the handlebars & is more comfortable than the stock OEM saddle.

Thanks in advance,
Clay
I just did 3250 miles in 10 days on my Heritage with the Mustang w/ drivers backrest.
Had absolutley no problems at all. I'm 5'9" at 180 lbs.

Quick Reply: Heritage replacement seat questions