Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Im pulling my broken Bones from the dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009 | 09:10 AM
bncer18
Cruiser

Originally Posted by C. Numb
I don't know. But thats a good question to ask him at our meeting tomorrow.

In fact, if any of you guys have other issues you think I should bring up, I will write them down and bring them to the meeting. I really appreciate the help.

yes you will loose ALL of your OEM gauges...but it is a bad a$$ tank and well worth it if your getting hooked up in my opinion...i looked at this tank for a while but didnt want to fork up the coin so i bought a Cole Foster tank instead and have spent the last few months figuring out how im gonna put my FI in it!!

Good luck man i cant wait to see the progress!!

Old 06-04-2009 | 09:36 AM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member

Yep... you will loose the gauges.... and fuel capacity...

I guess you need to ask yourself how your going to use the bike....
if your looking for something you can put bags on and do a 300 mile day... you might want to relay this to him....

Old 06-04-2009 | 10:14 AM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Originally Posted by C. Numb
Those are good points too. I didn't know the tank was smaller. I feel like I'm always filling the tank as it is. I'll have to think about it some more. At the same time, I almost feel like I'm telling Picasso what he can or cant paint, ya know? That practicality really gets in the way sometimes. lol.
Let the dude paint, just tell him what you like. That way you end don't end up with 'whistlers mom' when you really wanted 'the scream'.

Good luck, let us know how it went.

Old 06-04-2009 | 11:43 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member

Well, he showed me a rocker while I was there. He did some pretty cool stuff to that bike. It is on the cover of one of the magazines this month. I think American Iron??? But he is all the way out in Southampton, NY
It's not the Rocker on this month's AI magazine. That one was built by Heartland USA out in CA.

Shakey

Old 06-04-2009 | 12:05 PM
MNROD
Road Captain

Wow, can't wait to see your bike when it's done.

Old 06-04-2009 | 12:28 PM
C. Numb
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal
It's not the Rocker on this month's AI magazine. That one was built by Heartland USA out in CA.

Shakey
Ill ask him to show me again today. I looked at so many magazines yesterday it is all just one big blur of cutom bikes.

Old 06-04-2009 | 01:10 PM
Savagehenry
Tourer

I can't wait to see how your bike turns out. Keep us updated.

Old 06-04-2009 | 01:36 PM
cammy5477
Road Captain

dont want to sound like a ghoul but do you have any pics you can post of the bike after the crash?

it would be cool to see a before then the extreme after dude

Old 06-04-2009 | 08:35 PM
C. Numb
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal

Shakey
It was this month's AI pic. When he showed me the pic, he was showing me how he duplicated it for a client, not realizing how clueless I am about this stuff he didnt give me a more detailed explanation at the time.

The meeting went well. It looks like I am going to have a lot of stuff for sale when this is over. I told him that I was going to leave all the details to him, but as the overall theme of the bike should be "Cross Bones, NYC Choppers Edition". I really didn't want to completely lose the Cross Bones identity. We decided to keep the tank, but change out the oil tank instead. I never really liked that cartoon skull and crossbones anyway. The bars are going to be copper 12 inch ape hangers, and he may plate the new oil tank copper too, but he hasn't decided that yet. I dont want to give too much away, but the rocker box covers we will be using look amazing. There will also be a lot of brass accents. We will be using the Shade Tree fender and sissy bar that I ordered before the accident (I'm glad the stock was still on.). In my opinion, the thing that really makes it all work, is the new custom seat and gas tank bib I ordered, but man is that custom leather expensive! I had about 6 or 7K credit to play with over and above stock and it was gone in a flash. I didn't even get to change the wheels, which turned out to be the least important change I wanted to make, but still!

BTW, I have unopened Road 6 Customs 12 inch z bars on it's way that I will not be using if anyone wants a good deal on them before I put them on eBay. I have a bunch of other stuff too, like the 1925 seat, stock seat, oil tank, etc...

Old 06-04-2009 | 08:43 PM
C. Numb
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by cammy5477
dont want to sound like a ghoul but do you have any pics you can post of the bike after the crash?

it would be cool to see a before then the extreme after dude
I didn't take any pics. I think you would be disappointed as the bike doesn't look bad from a distance. I think I would have to get close ups of each damaged area in order to see anything. The most dramatic damage was the completely twisted and torn crash bars, but the Harley dealer already pulled those off.

Quick Reply: Im pulling my broken Bones from the dealership...