Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom wheel fitment

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 07:16 AM
MoMud
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom wheel fitment

I purchased a set of wheels off of e-bay that were advertised to fit road kings, street & road glides, electra glides, & soft tails. My question is will these wheels fit the touring bikes and softails? My ride is a 07 flstc and the front wheel isnt fitting right. On the right side I have about 1\8" gap between the tire and fender and about a 1\4" gap between the hub and fork. The wheel cant be shifted anymore to the right because of fitment of the calipher. The seller says he's never heard of this as he has sold a lot of these and that they are inter changable.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hopefully this wont be a can of worms for you. There are many different combinations with wheels, hub offsets, axle spacers, pulley spacers, etc. Some people on Ebay will sell these wheels and say "one size fits all", they are totally wrong in doing so. As for if the wheels are interchangeable between touring and softails, I cant say for sure, probably not though. Just be prepared for modifications, good luck.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:36 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Tom here. It sounds as if all you need are different size spacers. Find a good indy and go show them They should be able to help you out.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies

Old 06-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Carmell RKC
Road Captain

From the way post reads, an axle spacer probably wont work. The brake caliper/rotor is preventing the the wheel from going the opposite direction to provide clearance. This would mean an offset issue with the hub.

Is it possible to take some pictures so we can see what you are up against ?

Old 06-03-2009, 01:11 PM
MoMud
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son has my digital camera and wont be back until Friday. Carmell you are correct in that it wont shift over anymore.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:50 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER

On the right side I have about 1\8" gap between the tire and fender and about a 1\4" gap between the hub and fork. The wheel cant be shifted anymore to the right because of fitment of the calipher. The seller says he's never heard of this as he has sold a lot of these and that they are inter changable.
That sounds like ya got the wrong hub. Post a link to the completed auction where you bought em on E-Bay?