Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help 95%done need 5% knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 06:22 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help 95%done need 5% knowledge

hello wired new 16"apes almost all good
wierd headlight does not work?checked fuse
horn dont work checked fuse
hi/low beam dont work
did wire turn sigs assbackward fixed!
lh turn sig no work
it seems all probs on LH switch
got a bad feeling,hopefully novello kit bad?
alsochecked all wires all match?
thanks all in advance you all have been
great throughout this whole process!
m i k e

Old 06-02-2009, 07:05 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

I ran extensions on mine as well and had a similar problem. What I learned after checking the fuses is that when I pushed the new wires into the factory connector, the wires weren't in there tight so they weren't making a good connection. So, I'd check that and if necessary, push the wires even further into the connector. Also, double-check to make sure you have the wires matched up in the connector correctly as just one wire off would make a world of difference. It's a tedious process, but worth it in the end!

Old 06-02-2009, 07:23 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

thanks that worked w/ turn sigs,will try again 2 morrow or later this evening

Old 06-02-2009, 07:55 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my buddy put new bars on and when he put the controls on the wires pinched against the bar (happens all the time) and you will lose diff functions his was blinkers and brake and horn or headlight cant remember..........he didnt expose wire but just pinched........ so try checking that

Old 06-02-2009, 07:58 PM
Dustmaker
Club Member

Mike, is the connectirs getting warm when you have power going thru them? If it is, you have loose connections. Pretty easy fix though. Take all of the female ends out of the connector and push the dippled area in the middle down a slight bit.

If that dont work..... think you are going to have to start all over. This time make all of your connections before threading the wires thru the bars to make sure everything works first.

Good Luck Bro!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:58 PM
speedsnice
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with the other posts it's in the connections, I had to recheck my connections when I installed my Carlini T-Bars to get everything working correctly.

Good Luck M i k e.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:08 PM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

wow with that tank lift and the blue color i think it looks way faster then the red................lol...............j/k........dude that rock is looking sik............oh nice paint too

Old 06-02-2009, 11:19 PM
speedsnice
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
wow with that tank lift and the blue color i think it looks way faster then the red................lol...............j/k........dude that rock is looking sik............oh nice paint too
Thanks, I am still working on it. I should be posting some better pics next week.

Old 06-02-2009, 11:51 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by jason628
Greetings,

I ran extensions on mine as well and had a similar problem. What I learned after checking the fuses is that when I pushed the new wires into the factory connector, the wires weren't in there tight so they weren't making a good connection. So, I'd check that and if necessary, push the wires even further into the connector. Also, double-check to make sure you have the wires matched up in the connector correctly as just one wire off would make a world of difference. It's a tedious process, but worth it in the end!
THAT WAS IT !!! YEAH MAN!!!! THOSE DARN DUECTCH CONNECTORS SUCK!
that was the worst part of this whole project by far thanks mon
went for my victory ride 40 min break in the exhaust wrap ran like a top
the thunder monster baffels are the BOMB

Originally Posted by DyNaBoB
my buddy put new bars on and when he put the controls on the wires pinched against the bar (happens all the time) and you will lose diff functions his was blinkers and brake and horn or headlight cant remember..........he didnt expose wire but just pinched........ so try checking that
yep that kinda happened as well but not completely,i noticed it as i was finishing up the darn duetch connection put a ziptie round dem wires shes ok now good heads up

Originally Posted by Dustmaker
Mike, is the connectirs getting warm when you have power going thru them? If it is, you have loose connections. Pretty easy fix though. Take all of the female ends out of the connector and push the dippled area in the middle down a slight bit.

If that dont work..... think you are going to have to start all over. This time make all of your connections before threading the wires thru the bars to make sure everything works first.

Good Luck Bro!
that s what we did all good in the hood,i was praying i did not have togo through the bars if i did it was gonna be sent out to someone,im in
TOTAL SHOCK I CANT BELIEVE I DID THIS

Originally Posted by speedsnice
I agree with the other posts it's in the connections, I had to recheck my connections when I installed my Carlini T-Bars to get everything working correctly.

Good Luck M i k e.
Connections good p/m we be comin over
i just cant belive i did this thanks everyone especially mojo he was the inspiration 4 sure with his post w/pics on handlebar change

Old 06-03-2009, 12:05 AM
DyNaBoB
Elite HDF Member

soooo glad you got er worked out now ride bro, put thos hands in da wind......looking sik too...........nothing better then doing your own mods and riding after...........chrome side up homie

Quick Reply: Help 95%done need 5% knowledge