Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 03:13 AM
hpfatboy
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

FATBOY all the way, NO REGRETS!!!

Last edited by hpfatboy; 05-31-2009 at 03:15 AM.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:40 AM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't comment on the LR specifically, but I went from a Sportster 1200 to my Fat Boy, and the ride is so much better on the FB. I'm not knocking the Sportster, if I could have one as a second bike I would, but never again as my only bike.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:52 AM
crush63
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The Dyna Lowrider and Softail Fatboy are both great bikes. Your biggest problem will be not getting shafted trying to trade in the Dyna. Your best bet is to sell the Dyna yourself if you really want the Fatboy. You're going to take a performance hit moving to a softail but it's not a huge difference. Stock vs stock the Fatboy is 50lbs heavier and makes 3-5 less horsepower but the Fatboy is a more comfortable bike. The softail TC96B engine is smoother around town but vibrates more above 70 mph but doesn't get uncomfortable until about 80. The great thing about softails is there is a huge selection of H-D and aftermarket stuff for them. Rent a Fatboy before dropping the $. That way you'll be sure you made the right decision.

2009 Night Train
Rush 2.0 mufflers
SE A/C
SEPST

Old 05-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Antonio Dom.Rep.
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of years riding different ones. At last I love the ride feeling of my Fatboy. If I had to change, would be the 2009.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:15 AM
reds2harleys
Tourer

Its no surprise most guys here are saying to get the Fatty - this is the Softail section. Allow me to give an un-biased opinion from someone who has owned both. Softails have less suspension travel than Dynas do - therefore they ride harder. Just a simple fact. They also don't handle as well and scrap easier. I had a Dyna Lowrider for 9 years and loved it. I now have a Softail ( Rocker C ) and love it as well but you do give up some ride quality and handling to get the Softail look. Bottom line, both are great bikes ( though I am not a fan of the fat boy, just MO ) Ride both and decide. If you are more into looks - then lean to the Softail. If you like to ride hard and handling is a main concern or if you ride far and a softer ride is important - lean to the Dyna. I also must say - a Fat Boy is in no way a step up from a Dyna Lowrider. If this was my choice - I'd be riding the Lowrider, no question - but - thats just MO.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:10 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 141 Likes on 96 Posts

i think you people changed my mind. i might end up keeping my lowrider i think the fatboy might be to big for me.......it was my dream bike lol..... KEEP RIDING PEOPLE

Old 05-31-2009, 05:03 PM
pottsy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KOJAX
i think you people changed my mind. i might end up keeping my lowrider i think the fatboy might be to big for me.......it was my dream bike lol..... KEEP RIDING PEOPLE
Not sure how big you are, but on a good day with my boots on, I just hit 5'8". They can lower the fatboy to fit me just fine, so don't rule it out just for that. As for ride quality vs the dyna, that's the first time I have heard someone say the soft tail rode "harder".

Old 05-31-2009, 05:12 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I had a09 EG Standard hated the way it rode it was smooth but didnt ride good to me so I traded it for 09 Fatboy just piced it up Sat and love the way it rides.Not everybody is the same in what they are looking for in a ride.I dont think it would be to big but like they said go test ride one.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:40 PM
Poorguy
Tourer

Originally Posted by oct1949
poorguy i like the paint on Ur ride

Thank you, I waited 15 weeks on the tins. I wouldn't bring the bike home stock.

Old 05-31-2009, 07:13 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I love my fatboy. Never have ridden a lowrider.

Quick Reply: 2009 fatboy